“Fun for kids”

Monterey County Youth Museum
Ranked #38 of 109 things to do in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Now open at 425 Washington Street, located in Downtown Monterey, conveniently by the Monterey Sports Center and Dennis the Menace Park, the Monterey County Youth Museum provides an environment unique to any other in Monterey County. This 8,500 square foot museum is packed with a variety of hands on exhibits, making each visit unique and exciting. It compliments any visit to the Monterey area or makes a good day into a great day for those who are fortunate to visit us on a regular basis.
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This place is for younger kids. Kids over 7 will probably be bored. My kids love playing in the tree house and practicing their gold swings. Two hours is more than enough time to explore MY Museum.

6  Thank AERJMG

Reviewed 12 June 2012

It was nice to get out of the sun for a bit and go to a very nice children's museum. Small, but tons of activities for my preschooler. I especially loved all the costumes that children could play in, the ball apparatus, and the boat. My 3.5 year old spent most of the afternoon here and my 9 month old daughter got to crawl around in some padded spaces. Perfect!

2  Thank KerryUNR
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was our first visit after looking for an affordable activity for our little girls. The Aquarium is very costly for a family of four, but this was a great alternative! Our little girls loved all of the many exhibits. The staff was very friendly. The craft station was nice and big with lots of supplies. I think their favorite station was the stage & dress-up area and the bubble wand stand. My kids had such a blast, they asked to go back the next day. We'll definitely return the next time we visit the Monterey area.

2  Thank Marlene C
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great for kids 8 and under. Inventive and entertaining. Well made. Just relax while the kids play! Bring a friend for your little ones and they'll be busy until they get hungry.

2  Thank Kristen M
Reviewed 1 March 2012

A fun place for the whole family big & small or young & elder. Watch or participate with the young and experience some childhood FUN!

3  Thank Debra B