“A Little Bit of France in Monterey”
Review of Bistro Moulin

Bistro Moulin
Ranked #30 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistro Moulin is a cozy European Bistro located on Cannery Row in Monterey. French chef/owner Didier Dutertre's classic cuisine is exquisitely prepared and French wine selections are plentiful. You'll swear you're in Paris!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was surprised to see Bistro Moulin at #11 in Monterey - I would have put it much higher! We were given seats on short notice on a busy night with no reservations, and had some spectacular dishes with delicious wine in a cozy, countryside bistro atmosphere. The food was spiced just right, bringing out subtle flavor without anything overpowering. I had the escargot and the confit de canard, my wife the gratinee a l'oignon and one of the salads. The wine selection was excellent - we had glasses of Sostener pinot noir which were wonderful. Everybody was friendly, and this really was a highpoint of our evening in Monterey

Reviewed 28 June 2014

delicious spinach gnocci in cream sauce. also great bread and spread. service and atmosphere were also very good. my friends also enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a very nice meal at Bistro Moulin even though neither Didier Dutertre nor Colleen Manni were there (67 Wave Street, Monterey, CA 93940, tel. 831-333-1200, E-mail: bistromoulin@gmail.com, web: http://www.bistromoulin.com/). Our server was friendly, professional and good. All the other servers helped too. The room is “bistro-y” but the tables are not close together. Audre had one (appetizer-sized) spinach gnocchi ($12.75). The gnocchi were light but they were floating in a cream sauce which made the dish a little too rich for Audre. Dimitri had the Osso Buco which he liked very much. It was in a tasty tomato sauce and had some snap peas in it too. With our meal we had a small bottle of Chateau Le Bonnat Grave Bordeaux ($28). There was no dessert on the menu that appealed so that was all we had. We spent $73.64 plus tip.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a first class French style meal here last week. I had excellent coq au vin, which I have rarely found in any restaurant. Perfectly done, excellent sauce and flavor. My wife was equally delighted with her duck breast, just slightly pink and flavorful. We had a very good bottle of Fleurie, the only French wine we had during a two-week California vacation. We don't have vacation plans to return to Monterey any time soon, but if we do we will have this place on our plans to enjoy again.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 10 June 2014

You get personal service from the owners. This is a great place for dinner after a visit to the Monterey bay Aquarium as it is an easy walk up the hill. We enjoy taking friends to this restaurant and they always leave wanting to vist again.