“Can't beat the happy hour...”
Review of C restaurant + bar

C restaurant + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
C restaurant + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 301 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Avenue
Description: the C restaurant + bar is a spectacular dining location that provides a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay. The cuisine, under the direction of Executive Chef Jerry Regester, is regional with emphasis in seafood and blending in a variety of local seasonal products. the C restaurant + bar is proud to comply with Monterey Bay Aquarium?s Seafood Watch program and support local farms, organically-grown ingredients and sustainability.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can't beat the happy hour...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really enjoyed having a few drinks here. I can't review the restaurant part because I didn't dine there. But I did have a few happy hour drinks at the bar. It is a really nice relaxed atmosphere, with a great view.

Happy hour is great. They offer half-priced drinks and small plates ( on Sun-Thurs from 4-7 I believe. You can't beat it. The bar is extremely clean and pleasant. You can also sit outside at one of their patio tables or couches. If you are staying at the hotel, I would definitely recommend having a drink here.

• Visited April 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
“Luxurious breakfast with a view”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Beautiful setting, all tables have an ocean view. First class service, our waiter was especially helpful finding options for our young children.

Visited March 2014
Erie, Colorado
“Was headed for terrible, but turned it around.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Meal started rough.

Ordered a wine and was told they had to go look for it and that we should order. So we did. This is always a bad move IMHO. Keep your wine close, it should not take minutes to find it.

A few minutes later, waitress returned indicating the wine was out of stock. This is a major pet peeve of mine. Know what you have in stock and keep the list up to date! You can't have more than 20 wine lists printed and can afford the paper with the wine markup you make. Print them daily if you need to. Or use tablets if you are that concerned with paper. Your sommelier/cellar manager might need to be flogged.

So they offered another wine which was not the style I wanted. Another bad move. So I asked for the list again. I got the list and spent less that 1 minute making my next choice. At this time appetizers are brought out. Again a no-no as my beverage had not yet been ordered. So we wait a good five minutes for the waitress to return as I sit with the wine list in hand and the appetizers on my plate. The wine is to be enjoyed with the food, things are out of order.

The waitress then returned and could tell I was twisted by this point. To her credit, she apologized and then got on the ball. From that point on, the waitress was attentive and focused. She made good conversation and tried to lighten the mood. She really pulled it together.

Entrees were good. Desserts were reasonable as we split the fondue.

Stemware was wrong for the wine poured. A quality restaurant should at least have bordeaux and burgundy style glasses.

I was headed for a 1 rating, but the waitress saved it back to three.

I would give it another try, but the wine service needs some real attention.

Visited April 2014
Portland, Oregon
“stayed at hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

review includes drinks, 2 breakfasts and a dinner. generally adequate food. pluses were eggs Benedict, good caprese salad. most everything else including scallops (overcooked), chowder (lacked flavor), and mac/cheese (powdery) we not so great. and 0/4 on drinks--flavorless or mixing with odd combos.

one other side note--the manager came around to various tables to talk to folks about their meals -- but missed us every time. and I noted one couple at the restaurant at little ticked that they had not had any service yet and he was pouring/discussing wine with other (perhaps regulars or VIP's?) tables.

Visited March 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Oh my gosh the food is good. The service is impeccable. For dinner there was a guitarist, I believe, playing soft music. Casual atmosphere where some people have torn jeans and others do not, if you know what I mean. The fish, the meat, the wine. I cannot say enough positive things about this restaurant. The service everything. You won't regret it.

Visited February 2014