“Interesting...”
Review of Museum of Monterey

Museum of Monterey
Ranked #32 of 105 things to do in Monterey
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

For the $5 bucks the best part is the lighthouse. Other than that, not much to see. I dont remember the art exhibit they had there but it was of missions.

1  Thank soulmusiq
There are newer reviews for Museum of Monterey

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This museum is just across from Fisherman's Wharf and only $5. I went to see the "Beautiful Whale" exhibit with some amazing lifesize photos of whales (there are plenty of benches so you can sit and contemplate what you're seeing), but as you walk in there's an exhibit called "Since Before the Moon Appeared: The Painted Legacy of Latin America" with striking, colorful photos and detailed stories about each photo. I only had time for these two exhibits, although there was plenty more to see, but I enjoyed the exhibits immensely.

1  Thank edwardsmom24
Reviewed 7 April 2013

When I went had exhibit on the 60s era & upstairs about Cannery Row from 1800s to Today, nautical fare, etc
Museum could be bigger & house more exhibits & use Hi Tech to explain exhibits.
Day I went they had a Dodge Chrysler car club in Town outside museum.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have lived in monterey for many years and I never knew this was here. For $5 very interesting and worth a look. The staff was very nice and the man on the second floor explaining the exhibits was very passionate about his job.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Too expensive for what it has to offer. The computers were down when I got there so I had to pay on my way out. The computers were still down as I was leaving and the process of paying was way too long.
The day I went they were setting up for the next exhibit so there was a lot of construction going on downstairs and very little to see other than some artwork. Upstairs was interesting and had a nice view. The best part about the museum is the lighthouse light which you can see for free from outside.