“So Much Fun!”

Dennis the Menace Park
Ranked #5 of 103 things to do in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the creator of Dennis the Menace, this park has all sorts of unique attractions.
Charlotte, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We were on a bike ride and stumbled upon on the park. Having a toddler and preschooler in our group made this stop a no brainer. This is a large playground with plenty to do. Lots of slides, swings, rock walls, and other equipment for any child to use up a bit of their energy. Adults and children enjoyed themselves, as I witnessed several parents using the slides. The park is clean and well maintained.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank S Z

Los Angeles, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My kids had a blast. My oldest son at first claimed he was too old at 11. However, he was playing with his sister after watching for a few minutes.

Visited July 2014
San Jose, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“It is a little old park”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It is where I grew up... nothing fancy. Spend hundreds of days there as a kid and have dropped by there many times over the past forty years when I visit my old home town. It has changed some over the years, but still has a similar feel to it.

Visited September 2013
Manteca, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kids Running Wild”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was the first place we stopped after our 2 hour drive to Monterey. Our 4 children couldn't wait to get out and run wild. They were so sad when it was time to go and eat lunch.

Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great public park, almost as good as it was when I was a kid!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a must visit spot if you have small children. It is one of the best public parks that I've been to over the years. I must say that I'm probably a little biased because I went there in the 60's and it was such a fun place to visit as a kid. I just visited it with my 3 yr. old and he thought the same thing. He & I were both disappointed that we couldn't play on the old real locomotive engine that is there. I told him that I played on it as a kid, but I'm sure for liability reasons that they put a fence around it and you can't play on it anymore. They have added quite a bit of playground equipment, since I played there, so in many ways it is even better than it was, except for the train. I know, I'm whining a bit, but it was a lot of fun and my best memories of the park's attractions. Do yourself a favor and make a visit to this charming park!

Visited June 2014