“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Abrego
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love our stay at this hotel! It was clean, it had a fireplace, and last it was walking distance to Cannery Row and the Aquarium...the only downfall we had was a was a little warm in the room, because there was no ac, but the property manager contacted me and said that they will be installing that soon in all rooms. But other that I would stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanichante .
Lars S, General Manager at Hotel Abrego, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Tanichante
Thank you for your review, I am super excited that you enjoyed your visit . I understand that you have many choices here in monterey and you chose Hotel Abrego. Thank you for the trust, we hope you will come and visit again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Very nice stay, even if only for one night. Would have liked to stay longer. Feather pillows were a big plus for me. Dinner and Breakfast were great both quality and cost. All the staff were pleasant and accommodating. Within walking distance of many restaurants, Trader Joe store and much more.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Dear Mary Ellen L
Thank you very much for your review, i am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our great menus,feather pillows but best of all our friendly staff, we pride ourselves in guest service and your comment helps us achieve our goals.
We hope to see you again at Hotel Abrego in the near future.
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel is very nicely done and the rooms are modern and nice. Its only problem is that it is sandwhiched between two busy streets. If you stay in the lobby building then you get noise from the lobby and restaurant. I would suggest staying in the back part of the hotel away from the streets. Also the happy hour is kind of a joke. They reduce the rates on 3 bad wines and a couple of beers. The restaurant is very limited.

Room Tip: At the back
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lars S, General Manager at Hotel Abrego, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear hyknski,
Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate the honesty. I apologize that your experience was less than perfect. We are in the process of changing the restaurant into more of a lounge with appetizers and and great beverage selections. Please call me directly next time you are in monterey as I would like for you to try out our new beverage list.
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Newer hotel, decor is warm and inviting, smaller restaurant on property. Pool, fitness room. All the amenities. But, I like the rooms with the fireplaces. They are very inviting and most rooms have them. Beds are comfy. Rooms are quiet. I have eaten at the restaurant and the food is quite good. It's nice to not have to go out to find food. And, they have some nice wine selections. It's not in the center of the tourist area, so pricing is a bit better, but you are a 5 minute drive from downtown Monterey and 10-15 minutes from the aquarium. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. It's my "go-to" hotel when I'm in Monterey. I'm usually by myself and feel very safe in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled solo
Dear msfetch,
What a great review, thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. It is so nice to hear positive comments when you try to deliver in comfort and service. We value your loyalty to Hotel Abrego. I appreciate you pointing out our amenities as well. I hope to see you at Hotel Abrego again soon. Go Giants
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

We love Monterey for a quick getaway. Usually we will stay near the wharf, but after reading the reviews we decided to try Hotel Abrego. What a great find!! We were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were very nice, the staff was friendly, and plenty of parking. We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Stan P
Dear Stan P,
Thank you for your fanatstic review on Hotel Abrego, we are all very proud of our hotel and our service however when our VIP guests point it out like yourself we are thrilled. Please come back soon to see us.
Castro Valley CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Nice and friendly. Big comfy bed. Large room. Great breakfast, with a lot of food. Great location if you plan to visit Laguna Seca Raceway. Walking distance to old downtown Monterey or take the free town shuttle to the aquarium.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Dear PercyCV
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Hotel Abrego. I am super excited that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for pointing out the comfortable rooms and great breakfast, we pride ourselves in those areas. We hope to see you again soon when you visit Monterey.
Palm Desert, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very expensive for a tiny room and a poorly designed bath. No A/C, and we almost died before we thought to call the front desk for a fan. Even though they said that it was unseasonbly warm, which was not true, as we have spent lots of time in that area over the years, and know that it can get warm there. It was only about 78, but our room was on a lower floor and got no cross ventilation. We were there for a wedding, and talked to lots of other hotel guests who experienced the same issues. Bathroom had pedestal sink, so no where to leave things out, There was another small sink and counter outside the shower area, but the door to the bath opened right into that sink . Chaise was broken down, and not comfortable, and it was the only place to sit, other than the bed.
We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one. No AC, so unless you are there in Winter, you are in trouble
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Gayle P
Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate all feedback as we continue to improve. I do apologize for your experience at Hotel abrego. I recognice that comfort is a priority, and it seems that we fell short. I would be grateful if I could speak to you in person as I would like to see if I can make up for the experience you received.