“Charming little hotel in a great location.”
Review of Hotel Abrego

Hotel Abrego
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This was my second trip to Monterey and my second time to stay at Hotel Abrego. It's a charming hotel. I always look forward to visiting. The staff is always welcoming and friendly.
My only complaint would be that they don't have any complimentary water in the lobby. A lot of times hotels will provide water (not just in bottles) for the thirsty traveler! I asked for some water before going out to exercise and was told it was 2.17. A little disappointed. Otherwise, I love this place!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Abrego

Reviewed 17 January 2011

The double queen room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Beds are great!!! You will sleep well. Bathroom modern but very little room for personal toiletries, so do not expect to line them up neatly on a shelf. Shower head ( I know not many people make comment on the shower heads), but this one was larger than in most hotel bathrooms and gave you a good all over clean. There could be more room for hanging clothes, however, for a few days an iron and board is provided so it really does work itself out. Staff and services were very good,, from the garden staff to the wait staff, all were friendly and obliging. The breakfast in the Lounge which was buffet style was reasonably priced and of good value. The food from the menu was very good. The pizza and salad was excellent. Free parking was a bonus and easy. Fireplace also a boon in January. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a few days stay..

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I'm sitting in my spacious King room with fireplace (upgrade graciously offered when I called for my reservation), so delighted with my experience at Hotel Abrego that I'm compelled to get this review in before I return to the distractions of my busy life. This small, moderately priced hotel is a FIND. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The front desk and lounge staff are extremely attentive. The lounge with fireplace has a bar and restaurant with light meals served including happy hour snacks. Free parking and free internet.
I challenge any big brand Monterey hotel at twice the nightly rate to offer the amenities and welcoming service we received here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

After looking for several weeks for a vacation rental for my trip to Monterey, I finally settled on Hotel Abrego, mostly because I was tired of looking around. I'm glad I did! In a great location, esepcially for those driving themselves around. Easy access to downtown/fisherman's warf and the scenic Hwy 1. Quite, clean, and in a good neighborhood. The staff were friendly and helpful! Our room was spacious enough, with a fridge, safe, and fireplace.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Monterey was the first stop of our road trip, we booked the hotel through priceline and had an excellent deal. Honestly, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in throughout our 20 day trip, in terms of comfort, staff, location, and of course price. The lady at the reception was very helpful and nice, she gave us couple of room view options. The room that we got was spacious, very clean, and had a big fireplace. Free parking and internet included!
The hotel is very close to the downtown and to the fishermen's wharf, only few minutes walk. I wish we had more time in monterey to enjoy this hotel, hopefully next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Stayed here with children and family members. The outside of this hotel is unremarkable but the rooms were new and modern in decor with a fireplace. The bathroom was small but equally modern. Simplistic yet nice. The front desk was pleasant and to-the-point, nothing to write @. Conveniently located near the wharf and the aquarium. This was a good overnight stay well worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed here for 3 fabulous nights and loved this place. New condition, clean and convienient to The Bay. Excellent resturants within walking distance and the center of town (not the wharf) only blocks away. Awesome tiled bath is very modern and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Laundry on site and easy parking.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family