“Excellent Menu” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to our Trattoria. We’re an informal, rustic restaurant featuring traditional Monterey Old Fisherman’s Wharf fare alongside authentic rustic Italian.It’s the kind of place where as soon as you step in, you feel like one of the family. Paluca is a combination of the names of our two cherished boys, Paolo & Luca, who are the inspiration behind our unique home-style eatery.Your host, Sal Tedesco, was born in Sicily and grew up the son of one of the famous Italian fisherman who gave the Wharf its name. We feature Monterey Old Fisherman’s Wharf favorites including our famous Fish & Chips, Calamari & Clam Chowder. Our menu highlights some of Italy’s best dishes including Pasta Puttanesca, Pasta Palermo & Sicilian Prawns.The Tedesco family welcomes you with heart-felt Italian hospitality.
Island of Malta, Malta
“Excellent Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Would definitely recommend this restaurant. As an Italian I have also promised myself never to eat pasta outside of Italy. But after seeing the plates and tasting a wonderful plate of carbonara at Paluca Trattoria, it felt like being back home. The food was delicious, the espresso is perfect. The staff very friendly and did not rush to bring the bill. We enjoyed our meal and the view very much.

• Visited July 2014

“Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Spur of the moment choice, so we had to wait a bit. Once we got in, the service was wonderful and friendly. The Food was great and the Garlic fries were some of the best we had on our trip-(my daughter seemed to order them wherever we went.) Eating on the wharf just made it nicer.
Wouldn't mind trying it again the next time I'm in Town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave H
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,211 helpful votes
“sourdough bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Yes I know the title might not be that appealing but I had their clam chowder and wow! The bread tasted extremely fresh, and delicious, the service was great too. I will sure come back and order something from the menu, I'm very happy with this place and if you are around you should definitely try it, maybe if you still can try next door a very delicious crepe for dessert.

3 Thank MONTYHADES
dallas
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Its been two weeks since I had dinner at Paluca Trattoria and I'm still thinking about the salmon I had. This spot is easy to miss because it's just as you enter onto Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. It's to the right with indoor and outdoor seating that has a picturesque setting, overlooking Monterey Harbor. The seals barking adds the perfect touch for a waterside setting.
I stopped by for dinner on a Sunday evening. My server was the perfect combination of professional and personal. I loved the daily special she recommended (salmon over a salad or pasta) and the fish must have been caught that morning. The kitchen didn't oversauce or overspice, letting the fresh fish shine through. She made several other recommendations and they were all "spot on". I also watched has she took great care of a German couple & their children, a group of three women, and several other couples who were locals. This is one of the best food experiences I've had in a long time. There is a nice wine list with some local wines like Wrath's Pinot Noir. I was amazed at the low mark-up which allows diners to have a great meal and still stay within budget. Make sure to stop here when in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Monterey, California
“Best fish and chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that I'm a connoisseur of fish and chips and as a Monterey local I have tried them every where. And the winner is Paluca Trattoria!!! One perfectly battered and crispy piece of fish so flakey and fresh and hot crispy fries. It's so nice to sit on the patio and relax watch the sea wild life play. If your craving fish and chips this is a do not miss I can't say anything else about the food but it always looks good. Service prompt and friendly as well.

CHEERS!!!