“Game Changer: Seriously”
Review of Bella Monterey Bay

Bella Monterey Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 47'Luxury Italian Racer Cruiser sailing yacht for your personal and intimate pleasure for sailing our beautiful Monterey Bay Sanctuary. Bring all your own goodies and party with Bella on the Bay Monterey. All amenity's you will need on board. Only 6 guests per cruise for our groups so its spacious and intimate. Or private Charters for up to 6 max. Please! its just me and my boat so if I don't answer right away leave me a message and I will return the call as soon as I am able. Thanks Your Captain Christian...;) My Whale watch trip is 4 hours and goes from 10am til 2pm its my half day special for 650.00 for up to 6 total guests. You bring your own lunch and goodies for the trip, beer and wine is OK too. Its private only so it would just be you guys . We will see whales almost for sure on my half day special and plenty of time to enjoy them . The seas and wind is usually calm in the morning and will pick up typically around 12 or so for a great sail coming home. My 2 hour group sales are 85.00 per person and go from 2 to 4 or 4 to 6. You also can bring your own beer and wine and snacks if you wish. On the 2 hour sails we see whales and dolphins all the time but there are definitely no guarantees to see everything every time because they need to be in the area we are sailing and close enough to get to them in the one hour out that we sail. We are blessed to have some whales here year round and plenty of Dolphins come through all year too. My private sails are 175.00 an hour with a 2 hour minimum for up to 6 total guest and we could go any time that I am not already scheduled. Again you can bring your own goodies aboard .On the 2 hour sails we see whales and dolphins all the time but there are definitely no guarantees to see everything every time because they need to be in the area we are sailing and close enough to get to them in the one hour out that we sail. Hope to see ya here for something . Thanks You Your Captain Christian....:) PS The evening sail is rare to see whales..
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We took Captain Christian's 5 - 7 p.m. cruise, then spent the night on his lovely 47-foot boot. You have to do this. The trip itself was lovely: we saw seals, dolphins, otters, jellyfish, pelicans, gulls, and an amazing sunset. (I've never been on the water for a sunset. Now I know why people rave. It is a "wow" moment.) Being out on the boat was so peaceful, and all the animals made it like being in the middle of the opening scene from "The Lion King," especially when a formation of brown pelicans divided seamlessly to avoid hitting the mast!

Our fellow passengers were lovely people, and Captain Christian gave us a great recommendation for dinner. But, staying on his boat overnight absolutely hooked us. There's a little otter that uses his boat to crack open mollusks, and I don't know if there's a more peaceful or safe feeling than falling asleep in a gently-rocking sailboat. Since the dock is like a gated community, folks all know one another. Christian brought us breakfast (you can have just about anything), and the entire package - - two-plus hours of sailing, staying overnight, and having breakfast - - was a great dollar value. Based on our experience with Captain Christian, we're taking sailing lessons to become certified (so we can charter boats such as his).

Note for folks who might be concerned about sea-sickness: sailing doesn't seem to cause the same problems for us as being on larger vessels. (We took a large boat to Santa Cruz Island and felt a little sick both going to the island and returning.) Sailing on Captain Christian's boat was entirely different. We never felt bad at all. To the contrary, the entire trip was a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Its a must do trip if your in Monterey bay 5 of us blokes just did a road trip from san fransisco down to san diego and it was a high light of the trip i`m into all kinds of boats i had a brilliant time i even did some of the sailing saw loads of whales sea lions all kinds of things Christian is so full of life and trully enjoys his job makes me wonder why i dont move thank you very much great day

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was my first sailing trip ever and one of the best events of my life. I am hooked forever. Captain Christian was so good to us. We had only six for the afternoon and stayed out an extra hour to watch many whales. He even let us each drive. This is pure relaxation, it is tempting to do this everyday that we are in the area. Forget the shopping and tourist traps, get on the Bay and see the the sites. Thanks for a special day.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a great day out sailing with Captain Christian and his fantastic crew. We couldn't have asked for a better time. Its a must do trip if you in Monterey, its worth making the trip there just for a day out on this amazing sail boat.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I decided to do something different for one of my friend's birthday so i thought we will try going sailing. I can not tell you hom much we enjoyed this trip:
The boat is flawless clean and very well kept.
Capt Christian is so full of life and trully enjoys his job, it's so easy to tell. He loves taking care of his guests and he made us feel so welcome and so safe. He had a contageous smile on his face the entire time and served us wine, cheese and crakers. Later in the trip he let us take the helm and drive the boat... Very sweet!
The music was great and we had such a good time. We booked a sunset cruise and the weather was perfect. Beautiful skies, plenty of ocean life from otters to a few whales which we got so lucky to see since they were close enough.
All of my friends were so happy and satisifed with this experience and we all promissed to come back and make this adventure part of our yearly routine.
I suggest you all take this trip at least one time in your life, it is so worth it!
Thank you Capt Christian for making us feel so special!