“Amazing and very interesting! ”

The Original Monterey Walking Tours
Monterey Original Walking Tours
Ranked #12 of 40 Tours in Monterey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to see Monterey is up close and on foot with the Original Monterey Walking Tours. Our tours are informative, entertaining and fun for all ages. See why our Cannery Row Walking Tours and Historic Monterey Walking Tours have earned us the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence seven years in a row.. Join a scheduled tour or book a private tour for your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved hearing the history of Monterey! Tour guide was very informative! I highly recommend it if you're into history........even if you aren't!

All reviews
"private tour"
in 4 reviews
"fun facts"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
in 10 reviews
"california"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Thank you for sharing such wonderful history of Monterey. We hope to be there again soon if we get the chance!

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed the tour immensely. We have been to Monterey several times and would have never learned as much as we did on our own. We recommend this tour to any one we talk to that is planning a trip to Monterey. Thanks again for sharing your overwhelming knowledge of Cannery Row. The tour was amazing!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I took this tour in February on my first day in town to get oriented. It was a very historically informative walk, highlighting sites I might have otherwise overlooked.
It was a great overview of the origins of Monterey and the forces that influenced its development. Mr. Diggins was gracious enough to hold the tour exclusively for me as I was the only participant in attendance at the meeting site. (My spouse had work meetings.) I recommend the tour as a way to get oriented to the heart of the town and to learn a bit of history.

1  Thank vsw3121
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just as it says ! We stayed overnight in Monterrey just for this tour but Thom Diggins just did not turn up, neither did he let us know that he couldn't attend. He (or the company) had our email address but did not let us know. Very poor practice. Beware other tourists.

1  Thank Sue E
tdiggins, Owner at The Original Monterey Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

My sincere apologies, you are right to be upset. I was traveling home from a business conference the night before when a flight delay and missed connection forced me to spend the night at LAX. In my confusion and frustration I neglected to notify you. When we spoke on the phone on the morning of our scheduled tour, I was in my car, driving back from the airport. Unfortunately, your plans did not allow us to reschedule later that day. I hope a similar circumstance does not occur again and, if it does, I will certainly remember to notify my customers.