“Very nice, close to town, great price!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterey
Navy Lodge Monterey
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed for three nights. The room was spacious and clean. The kitchenette was a great help and we save a lot of money by having some meals in the room. Don't expect much from the "take away" breakfast, but the coffee is excellent! You can drive into town in about 10 minutes from the lodge.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank threepdr
There are newer reviews for Navy Lodge Monterey

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice, clean, and inviting. I didn't have too much contact with the staff, as we tries to spend as much time as we could out seeing the area. We came down for a wedding, and it was a convenient location because many people that came in for the wedding were staying there as well. If I'm back in Monterey, which I hope to be, I will be staying at the Navy Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Justin1186
Reviewed 3 August 2013

If you are able to stay at Navy Lodge Monterey you are in for a great stay. I was able to stay because of a federal job done on site. The manager and his staff go way beyond reason to insure your stay is the best it can be. The rate is affordable, the rooms very clean and the location can not be beat. Everything in Monterey is close to the lodge. The staff is very knowledgeable with the area and will direct you to Monterey attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George C
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This facility is for eligible government employees and military and their dependents. It is in a Navy housing area on the east side of Monterey.It is a Spanish style building with well kept facility and grounds. Rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed. I was trying for the normao civilian accommodations, but there was an event in the area and all my normal facilities were full or priced out of range. The only way to get a room was to go very far out or check out the military accommodations. They far exceeded my expectations, wirth reasonable price, close to the school I was going to see a performance. The only down side was the breakfast was bagels with several flavors of cream cheese and coffee to go no eating area.

Room Tip: The facility is in a quiet area, no noise, or main street traffic, semi woodland outside the housin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank John W
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My fiancée works for the Navy, so I thought this hotel would be a good option for us. And it actually was. The room is very clean and useful for the price. I don't know any other hotel that could offer this quality of room for the price($77/night). However, we experienced a few minor inconveniences:(1) I booked this room but the receptionist told us that the person who has military ID should have booked under his/her name. I think this kind of information should be written clearly on the official site of Navy Lodge or otherwise, it should have warned me (I don't have military ID) when I booked this hotel. Regardless of possession of military ID, anybody can book the room through the official site. I found it problematic. (2) Our room was the one for people with disabilities. The fact that I booked the room one week before appeared to be too late for the normal room. So I cannot blame them for the choice of the room but we could hear the neighbor's talk or TV through the door inside of the room ( the door could connect 2 adjacent rooms). And there wasn't a bath tub in our room. (3) To my surprise, the breakfast was frugal. Bagel, orange juice and cafe. That's all.

But after all, I deffintely come back again and I will.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kanicama22
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days while celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and it was nothing less than amazing. The grounds are landscaped beautifully and the rooms all have kitchenettes and are furnished with cookware and utensils, plates, etc. I mad a big hot breakfast every morning for my wife, we really enjoyed staying here. The service was fantastic too and a couple blocks away there was a mini shoppette where we bought snacks and food also. Very comfortable bed too. Just a few minute drive to Monterey's cannery row and centrally located to Carmel and Big Sur!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasonwg71
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I traveled to Monterey, CA for a cousin's wedding. We decided to stay at the Navy Lodge due to their great value in price for the area (especially during Labor Day weekend). We arrived early, but were not able to check in as they were packed the previous night and were still cleaning the rooms (not a problem). When we did check in, the room was very nice and comfortable for the two of us. The set-up was similar to other Navy Lodges. It was located in close proximity to the NPS Base and near all attractions (especially the Fisherman's Wharf).

The only negative that I saw was the fact that there was no "FREE" internet access in the rooms itself. You had to go to the lobby to access their free wireless or you had to pay for acces from the room. This is normally free at most, if not all, hotels or other Navy Lodges I have stayed at.

Overall, the weekend was great and our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable:)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple