“Late check in, early check out”

Monterey Bay Travelodge
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Monterey
“Late check in, early check out”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room was not ready till after 3:30 pm, and requested a late check out the next day due to the reason I was staying in Monterey to begin with. They told me they were completely booked and they could not give me a late check out (it was Sunday). I called the front desk pretending to ask for room vacancy, and they still had plenty of rooms open. So they lied to me. Come to find out there was plenty of vacancy. I have stayed here every year for the event I was attending... I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sincerely sorry you experienced such inconvenience at check in and check out. Please believe me when I say your comfort is very important to us. I will speak to my staff on the matter, and I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Please stay with us again when you are back in town. I would like the opportunity to personally make sure your stay is much smoother and more pleasant.. Again, thank you for your feedback. Your input is greatly appreciate, and I promise your concerns have been heard.

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a comfortable and restful stay. My room was very clean and spacious. I heard they were renovating and updating their rooms, so I can imagine it'll be even better next time. The staff were extremely accommodating and made my stay that much better. Location of the hotel was great. Decided to eat at the restaurant one day, and turned out to be great. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others, and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and even happier to hear you will be returning! Our goal is to provide you with the level of comfort and service you deserve, so thank you for letting us know how we did. Please let me know when you will be back in town. I want to personally make sure you have another great experience with us. Thank you again for your feedback!

Bethel, Alaska
Reviewed 18 April 2014

First time staying at the Travelodge Monterey Bay and excited. It was really nice. Stay and all the staff was friendly.Pool, comfortable room, clean sheets..I would definitely stay here again. And the staff was awesome.

Room Tip: I like the Second floor ~
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your review. Nothing is more important to us than your comfort, so I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We want to make you as comfortable as possible, and it is always great to receive feedback from our guests. I am glad my staff was pleasant and attentive to your needs. We are all here for you! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. It has been our great pleasure hosting you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here before in a room that was not updated and this time I was put into one of their updated rooms. Definitely made my stay more comfortable than last time. If you stay here request an updated room.

Room Tip: Request a remodeled room. Hotel is going through a face-lift but it's room by room so ask for on...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear you found our updates enjoyable. We are working to increase the level of quality and service for our guests, and it is nice to hear what you think. We appreciate any and all feedback! I am very happy to hear my staff was enjoyable and made your stay more pleasant. It was certainly our pleasure. Please let me know if you will be back in town. I would love to personally assist you during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. They were accommodating of my requests and the room was very clean and well kept. I have nothing but good things to say about this place, the price is good and the stay was great!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I am so happy to hear my staff was accommodating to your needs and gave you the level of service you deserve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Any input you may have will help us improve the stay of many. I am so pleased you found your room to your liking. We are about to make some upgrades, so we hope you will stay with us again soon! Please let me know the next time you are in town. I would love to personally assist in making your stay another great one. Thank you again for your feedback!