“We have stayed at this hotel many times when we go to...”

Monterey Bay Travelodge
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Monterey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Oakland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The buildings were depressing and dated, it looked like an army barracks. The rooms were noisy, you could hear every sound from adjoining rooms (in my case it was one neighbor throwing up in his bathroom and one neighbor with a baby who didn't sleep). The shower was clean, but dark and cave-like. The room smelled like pine cleaner mixed with insecticide and the window had no screens so we couldn't leave it open to air the room out. Beds and linens were comparatively decent and staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for review . I am so sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. It must be frustrating to expect a certain level of quality and be disappointed. We ARE in the process of a complete renovation, but unfortunately it does take time. I do apologize that your room was not one among the ones already updated. I think you would really like our changes. Pleas stay with us again in the future. I will personally make sure your stay with us is a great one. Thank you again for your feedback!

Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was great, nicely remodeled rooms, great view of the pool, not to far from attractions. Only difficulty we had was that our GPS took us around a weird way, and we got lost. The front desk lady was kind enough to navigate us. We were very surprised by the quality and service here. We will be returning again this summer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comfort is so important to us, and we really appreciate the feedback! I am glad my staff was able to provide you with the service you deserve. Glad you made it to the hotel safely! Technology can be so frustrating :) We are currently in the process of remodeling our hotel, and I really think you will enjoy our new look! We look forward to hosting you again soon. It will absolutely be our pleasure. Thank you again for your feedback!

Yosemite National Park, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Drove over 3 hours to enjoy our Easter weekend in Monterey. Arrived in the evening, checked in and then went to the wharf for dinner. Later returned to go to sleep and we were kept awake by street noise from the traffic (traffic intersection at corner of hotel lot) and from the noise of the planes taking off from the nearby airport (flight path above us /unknown and undisclosed by check-in staff). We eventually fell asleep from exhaustion after further dealing with disturbing noises from kids and late arriving hotel guests. My husband left to go fishing with minimal sleep and I was awoken before 5:00 a.m. to the sounds of the traffic noise. I fell back to sleep again only to be awaken by a plane taking off nearby at 5:50 a.m. I Tried to sleep and kept being awaken by traffic, planes, and passing cars by our room. I ended up staying awake and opened the sliding glass window for some air (found out that this was the area were people let there pets poo and urinate). Completely disgusted and exhausted I then readied to leave the room. The total experience was bad enough without the uncaring attitude of the check-out clerk who only smirked and said "oh yeah, we are nearby the airport", even after I informed her about our horrible experience and the fact about the outside pet outdoor coming into the room.

I had paid for the room in advance and so her lack of compassion towards our experience was shocking with no customer satisfaction. I called and filed a complaint with my online booking service about this facility.

Room Tip: Check-in and Check-out staff uncaring and will place you anywhere without disclosing problem areas...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dee4477
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Monterey Bay Travelodge, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for our review. I am terribly sorry you did not sleep well during your stay with us. I understand the frustrations of stays away from home disturbing your sleep. My staff informed me of your frustrations, and they assure me they did not mean to sound unsympathetic. I hope despite noises disturbing your sleep, your room was clean and comfortable. I apologize for the pet area. We do our best to make sure our guests clean up after their pets. I will take measures to make sure we do a better job following up. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest regards

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels