We stopped for one night and found the rooms clean, well equipped and spacious. Unlike some reviews we had no issues with the bed and slept well.
The main area for restaurants and bars is just within comfortable walking distance (about 20 mins) or, no doubt, you could get a taxi there. We enjoyed the walk as we were having a drink. We never explored the cannery and I believe that would be a bit further to walk.
Breakfast is basic and there's very little seating so you can opt to take it back to your room.
Overall this is a decent choice in an expensive area. The owner is very friendly and helpful too.
We would return if we were back in the area.
One point of note that doesn't relate to this motel but is worth knowing is that the nearby 17 mile drive doesn't allow motorcycles as the owner doesn't want them. Me and my wife found this both odd and discriminatory. Especially as we were on a motorcycle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stage Coach Lodge in Monterey, CA offers the best value for travelers visiting Monterey, CA and the Central California Coast. Conveniently located in Downtown Monterey, The Stage Coach Lodge is off the beaten path in a quiet residential area but right off of Highway 1 and minutes from all of the great amenities Monterey has to offer including Fisherman's Wharf, Carmel, Monterey Bay Aquarium and more. Fully remodeled with nice luxurious touches and offering great rates, The Stage Coach Lodge is a top ranked place to stay in Monterey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stage Coach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Stage Coach Hotel Monterey
- Americas Best Value Inns Monterey