The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$176
Monterey Hotel(Monterey)
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
US$292
Hotels.com
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$174
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$492
US$369
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$214
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$337
US$312
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$375/night.

US$397
US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$472/night.

All reviewsmini muffinsfisherman's wharflaundry facilitiessmall poolupstairs roomcannery rowcontinental breakfastking suitecoffee makerminute walkdennis the menace parkstay there againfridge and microwavethe breakfast areabed was comfortablegreat place to stayfree parking
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I would come back again...no frills, but clean and comfortable. I brought my 3 children with me. We came in at night and got in easily and felt very safe. Beds were nice, too.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Just wanted to say on here that we stayed at this excellent motel for 2 nights. Spotless well appointed room and felt extremely good value or money would highly reccomend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2009

It's off the beaten track location makes it ideal. It's quiet and restful. The rooms are large, comfortable, newly renovated, and beautifully maintained.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was our 1st American motel. Didn't know what to expect. Stayed in this unique, picturesque motel twice during our Highway 1 Road Trip. Rooms were a good size & well decorated + Wyfi friendly. Beds were comfortable & everything very clean. Lovely towels. Staff very helpful. Microwave & fridge were a plus, also coffee maker with coffee etc. No plates or cutlery. De-caff available at front desk. Breakfast was muffins, some pastries, fresh apples & weak OJ plus coffee at the checkin or taken back to your room. We managed a 15% discount on our 2nd visit by joining Americas Best Value Inn Club. Came back early on our 2nd visit & used the pool. Just off the Highway & 5 mins easy drive to Wharf. We would stay again. Excellant value, definately recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We booked this place because it the reviews were extremely good! I got upgraded to a King Room because I signed up to be a Club Member for America's Best Value. We were in Rm 223 upstairs at the corner.

The room was spacious and the bathroom was nicely decorated. It came with a table and two chairs along with one by the door. The 27 inch tv was good until we kept losing picture on one channel (I'd blame network and not tv) Despite the fact that is was very windy in Monterey that day the walls, the roof and the door shook and settled a lot during that night. I have to say that there were a few things I was unsure of now even after the good reviews.

I discovered pieces of hair in the bed linens and then I also discovered "sand" in the linens by the foot of the bed.

When the bathroom downstairs is in use the noise and vibration can be heard and felt through the floor. (You have to close the door so it won't be so annoying)

Since the stairs are built right onto the side of the wall we can hear people up and down the stairs.

The door has a gap (see picture) which cold air and sound came right thru. (I recommend putting a towel to muzzle the sound and keep cold air out)

Lastly the beds were on the uncomfortable side and it felt cheap, but I understand the meaning of "best value inn"

This place is decent. It was probably just the room I got. I would recommend it for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple