“Best Value in Monterey”
Review of Monterey Surf Inn

Monterey Surf Inn
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Small but nicely remodeled rooms with wood floors and tile bathrooms. I had a comfortable King size bed. Excellent maid service. I had a multi-night stay and each day the room was cleaned and arranged nicely. Friendly desk service that let me add a night to my stay at the discounted rate I originally booked at. I have stayed quite a few places in Monterey and I think tis is the best value for a no-frills stay. Save your money for the attractions! Definitely returning!

Room Tip: The one on the end has a hot tub! I stayed in two middle rooms, 14, and 17. Both were excellent co...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank IamStubb
There are newer reviews for Monterey Surf Inn

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was awful - it was dirty and smelled and I was afraid to take my shoes off - it completely grossed me out. Getting in and out of the parking lot was a nightmare. They charged me up front 4 days and when I told them I only needed 3 they said I had to give 3 days notice. I did not even care, I just wanted out of there. DEFINITELY NOT A PLACE I WOULD EVER STEP FOOT IN AGAIN!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Camdon123
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the most disgusting hotel I have every had. I wasn't expecting much when I drove up but thought how bad can it be. It was bad the two rooms they gave us one was not made up from the previous party and the other was musty and full of mold. Needless to say we did not stay there and had to fight with the staff to get them to return our money as there wasn't any better option.
A terrible experience with a baby to get settled in for the night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy C
montereysurfinn, Manager at Monterey Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We just want to let the other guest know that this guest did not stay with us.
Thanks
Management

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple of nights here in February, and had a good experience. It's cheap, clean, and the shower was new. If this place had had breakfast, like it used to, it would've been the perfect little motel for it's price.

The bed is comfortable too.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Othilie H
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We got this motel on Hotwire at the very last minute. It was clean - and adequate. Great location to walk downtown or to the DelMonte Center. For one night fine but would pick a higher grade if staying longer in Monterey.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Nice room, the manager was good in terms of telling me what was on offer in Monterey, and at the accommodation, but at the same time seemed very busy, and not that personable. The room was very good - comfortable, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was a bit average though, as it's a take back to the room setup. Overall it was good enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Bedroom and bathrooms are clean, good price and is top notch. Flat screens are nice. Easy to get to Pebble Beach and local restaurants. No problems with hearing through walls. Nice little duck off. I stay here every time I go to Monterey, which is twice a year on business.

• Stayed: February 2014