Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras
GreenLeadersBronze level
Guangzhou, China
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

That was our honeymoon trip!At first,I found this hotel on booking.com!The price is not expensive!When I arrived,The room was clean and warm!The breakfast teased good!Everything was ok!Best value of America!The couple were very nice!I will come back if we have a baby!

• Stayed October 2013
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 29 October 2013

831-373-2761

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Central Coast CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pro. We stayed two nights 16/17 Oct '13, very good, the room has everything 45" Sony TV, Microwave and refrigerator,iron and board, fan, clock radio, and nice sensor light switches that light up like a night light if you get up in the night. Free WiFi, and free breakfast til 10am.
Balcony upstairs with two chairs to sit on and a table, over looking the large pool,and jacuzzi.
Washer/dryer on property, free parking, quiet at night, very nice neighborhood well lit at night.
Other motels nearby, location so convenient to the Fishermen's Wharf and Shopping Centers. Restaurant nearby is two blocks away, a Vietnamese called Chopstix is Excellent! With reasonable prices, and charming servers.

Cons: Balcony Screen Doors do not have working lock. Entry door does not have a security clasp. No elevator to second floor.

Green Features: Everything is okey. Environment is so nice very green, good breeze, The Motel is surrounded by nice very green trees. With energy lightning devices.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mixer-driver

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My girlfriend and I travelled along the west coast and due to the Shutdowmn we had to change uor schedule, we arrived one day earlier and were received excellent by the couple who run this Hotel. Very nice people and the rooms where very clean, spacious and comfortable.

Totally recommended for a visit to Monterey and Carmel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Agustin D

Hampton Beach, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed in this motel just for one night and have really good experience with this hotel! The woman on the front desk was really nice and helpful. We paid around 80 $ for room which was pretty cheap compare to hotels near by. We have free wifi and breakfast in the morning included. Room was really clean. They have also hot tube and swimming pool available till 10 pm.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dagmara1989

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was appalled by management at this inn from Saturday September 28 to Sunday September 29 2013. My friend had booked this hotel online. And we were checked into a suite. About 30 minutes into the stay, the kitchen ceiling started heavily leaking water. I called the front desk and they said someone would be there to fix it. They claimed there was a pipe leak. Another 30-45 minutes pass and management had not sent someone even to place a bucket there. In addition, the ceiling started falling down. I called front desk again. I asked the woman, "the water is heavily leaking, part of the ceiling is coming down, can you bring a bucket at least?" The lady replied "do you have a bucket there?" I replied that I didn't (leaving out my sarcastic thought that rarely do I travel without one, but I guess this time I forgot). An hour and a half passed by (I know this because I sat and watched A Cinderella Story) waiting for management. Finally when they did, the mess was cleaned up. When we were checking out I explained to the woman at the front desk that the stay was less than satisfactory because of kitchen ceiling leaking water and the untimeliness of management's response. I explained that it was first a fire hazard, there were outlets where the water was leaking and it was to the their luck I hadn't yet plugged in the coffee maker. But even after paying $190 for the room and having the ceiling pour down dirty water or even the ceiling falling, the most shocking part was woman at the front desk's response to my suggestion to comp us for our troubles and the hazards. She said to me "you need to understand that this was an accident. Besides your bedroom was upstairs and this was in the kitchen." I wasn't even sure how to respond to this absurdity. I again repeated it was hazardous. And my time was wasted waiting for management to arrive. I explained that we should be compensated for this. She again stated that it was an accident and I need to accept that. She had also said the room was already discounted and we were lucky they gave us a room. I corrected her. My friend booked this online. They gave us no discount and we had already reserved the room. So the woman had no idea what she was even talking about (she didn't even look it up). In the end we didn't receive any compensation for our troubles. Not even an apology. If you want my opinion folks, for $190, you could do better. Perhaps the Best Western next door takes care of their guests. At the very least I'm sure they have sturdy ceilings. Accidents do happen, but apparently this managment finds it alright to have leaking ceilings in one of the rooms even if you pay for the entire suite. (sarcasm: I guess I missed that fine print). I advise against staying here; I never will again. The management is more unstable and cheaper than the ceilings. Use your money elsewhere and save yourself the headache. It's not worth it. Guests don't deserve to be treated like this. And I have to say, my stay at Monterey was all put under a gray cloud after dealing with this.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sanurax

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I spent 5 nights. They have put considerable amount of money to update this lovely place. Beds are clean, SONY HD TV, Microwave and refrigerator in each room, great shower heads, beautiful bathroom fixture. It is located close to everything in Monterey. Highly recommended.
Oh, They have Make your own waffle maker at free breakfast..free wifi (with always strong signal since they have 4 router) I really enjoyed the stay. Thank you

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Yuko Y
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Respected Guest it is our pleasure to have the opportunity to provide you with hospitality service. Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative thoughts. We are pleased you had a memorable trip. We look forward to your return.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the evening at this motel which is on a road with a lot
of others. The guy on the front desk was really nice and the reception area is tidy which  I suppose is why we chose to stay here. The rooms were really big and clean, if a little dated. Beds were comfy and the balcony was nice. Everything was there that we needed and the tv is big and HD. Wifi and breakfast are included - the waffles were tasty.
There is a massive whole foods supermarket around the corner. Would stay again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed July 2013