“Best motel in Monterety”

Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Best motel in Monterety”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed in many motels in Monterey and this is the best.
The pool is huge, with a great hot tub, the staff is very helpful and friendly and the rooms are clean. I like the excercise room. It is very reasonably priced compared to the other motels in the
same class. I also like the view and the sun which shines into the room in the morning.
Terrific place to stay. Close to the Del Monte Shopping center and a short walk to downtown.
Nice park across the street. My favorite place to stay in Monterey.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms get a great view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mudflap J
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are very much happy to hear of your great experience in Monterey. Clearly you we're able to appreciate the simple beauties that make time in Monterey memorable. We are also happy to hear your enjoyment of local attractions and pastimes. It is refreshing to hear your overall excellent value of travel to Monterey.

We will be waiting for you on your return to the area.

Regards,

John Smith
ABVI Monterey on Munras Avenue
Presidents Inn Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I highly recommend this place. My wife and I had a fantastic time. We stayed three days in December and enjoyed early morning walks on the beach and magnificent sunsets in the evening. Big TV with tons of channels and internet connection was great and it kept me busy while my wife went to a shopping mall that was walking distance. Room rates were very economical, great value. I highly recommend for tourist visiting Monterey bay/Carmel. Excellent location, near Del Monte shopping center and convenient 7 minutes drive to famous Carmel by sea, beach and ocean avenue. Clean and spacious room and towering trees around with manicured landscape. Very Friendly front desk service, attentive to our needs / requests and great continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R0cky374
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site. We appreciate your positive review and sharing your guest experience. We are particularly excited that you took the time and effort to enjoy the beautiful scenery and environment that Monterey has to offer.

We have also shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words and will work on a more receptive attention. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an comfortable for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us, the planning and enjoyment of your trip.

ABVI Monterey on Munras Avenue
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 22 December 2013

What a great experience! The room was luxurious, warm, very clean and comfortable - AND - for a very reasonable price! The staff is friendly and very accommodating. We were just drop by customers and yet they made us feel like old friends. The rooms are close to a street, but we found the noise was not annoying. We only spent one night in a King bed room, but wish it could have been more. We will definitely stay again when we are in the area. The continental breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan O
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

ABVI Monterey
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very nice hotel, unexpensive and family friendly. The double rooms are big and can easily accomodate 5 people with a roller bed. Everything is clean (room, bathroom, property, parking,...) and it is obvious that the managers take care of all the details. The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. Minor detail: breakfast variety is rather short, but it compares well to the average quality of this type of hotels. We strongly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Xavier B
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 15 December 2013

ABVI Monterey
Seattle WA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am not sure why there are such positive reviews. I will start with the positive. This hotel is located in a safe area. The prices are budget and you get what you pay for. Now the negative. The rooms are located virtually steps from a very busy Munras street. Although the hotel is well landscaped, my room was located about 10 feet from the road. Traffic starts around 6:30AM and is very loud. I don't even think the second floor would be any better. The pool is also located steps from Munras street. The first morning after my nightly stay I was woken by trucks, loud machinery breaking up pavement and people talking. This all occurred around 7am wiithin steps from the front door of my hotel room. I called the front desk at 7:30 to inquire and was told that it was street workers? Not sure why they told me this as it was in the parking lot. The hotel was apparently under parking lot replacement and construction. At 9am I received a call asking me to move my car for a construction project. Absolutely outrageous as I wasn't even ready to leave and had been woken up at ridiculous hours. The hotel prior to this would not admit that they had actually hired a construction company to work on their lot. Morning number 2, construction began at 7:30am. This time I was wearing ear plugs and it was so loud it still woke me up. That same night at 9:30pm there was some sort or road or construction equipment located on the road behind the hotel. Way to loud for guests at this hour. I called the front desk to again tell them about my complaints I explained again about all the noise and specifically said I would more than likely leave early the next morning. The manager apologized but said that he would take note of not having the construction start so early. Also said the noise tonight was from street sweepers. No offer to even refund one day of my stay even though I stated I would be checking out early. Absolutely bad service. There are several other hotels on this street where the rooms don't sit right on the street. Try the Clarion or the comfort suites as those rooms at least sit a back from the street. The noise levels and lack of response from management here indicate a major lack of customer service. If you are traveling on business or pleasure, save your self a head ache and get a better nights sleep somewhere else.
On the rooms, they are budget, they do have a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms have old curtains, mine looked like someone had taken a knife and cut slits into it. The beds are ok. Showers were ok. I cant say this was a positive stay. Having to waste money to check out early to get a good nights sleep is ridiculous.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a room in the back on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TikiTravels
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Americas Best Valuye Presidents Inn Monterey.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Outdoor Noise Levels on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with hotel management and construction crews to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to San Jose.

John Smith
831-373-2761

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Folsom, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I came to Monterey for a wedding. We had a fantastic Warf dinner. I got severe indigestion that night. In the AM I was going to (try to) enjoy the WONDERFUL (over the top) continental breakfast in the office dining area. I mentioned my discomfort to the manager GINA and she immediately went to work on my issue. With her help I enjoyed the rest of our stay without any more discomfort. Thank you (doctor) Gina. The architecture is an older style but is SO clean and well taken care of it felt like it just opened. I am a general contractor and really appreciate the buildings visual appeal also, my wife loves the landscaping. The grounds are well kept. I saw and met few of the managers family members, wonderful people. Thank you SO much Gina and we'll be back. George and Sue Starkey, Oh yes, Update, I am now managing my diet by researching it (Thanks to your help) and I'm doing well. We agree with the other comments too.

Room Tip: We liked the East facing patio room for the AM warm sunrise and PM shadowing.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George S
Dear Respected Guest,

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 24 October 2013

That was our honeymoon trip!At first,I found this hotel on booking.com!The price is not expensive!When I arrived,The room was clean and warm!The breakfast teased good!Everything was ok!Best value of America!The couple were very nice!I will come back if we have a baby!

• Stayed October 2013
ABVIMontereyMunras, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Presidents Inn on Munras, responded to this review, 29 October 2013