“Treat yourself!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Treat yourself!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I was a guest at Casa Munras, where the Sano Spa is located. The spa was offering $35 specials for 25 minute treatments. I booked a 25 min spiced nektar massage. This is where I had the greet fortune of meeting Andres, my massage therapist. His technique was wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about Andres and Sano. Do yourself a favor and book a massage with Andres!

1 Thank Stephanie H

“Go for the massage!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Anaina was fabulous! The spa rooms, hot tub, and waiting areas were very nice and relaxing. Lauren the spa manager was very welcoming. The only negative was the locker room, very small, and trash in the shower.

Visited June 2013
Pacific Grove
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Oasis”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is my go to spa for my health and maintenance, pampering, relaxation and pure overall enjoyment.
I look forward to the scents and music that greet me on arrival as well as all of the Sano Team. They are a so nice and professional and very flexible.

The spa menu is extensive and I have experienced most of the treatments.
I use all of the Phytomer products now and my skin is very happy.

I love the robes, the warm pillows, the lounging areas, refreshments, the outside spa with the waterfall and the lounge chairs is a nice place I like to relax before or after and read.

There is never a rush either. The therapists encourage you to take your time and enjoy the spa offerings. It's quiet and you really don't know what's happening outside. It's really a pretty spa.

Showers, lockers and amenities all a great plus, making it possible to come anytime of day.

If you are local, be sure to ask about a membership and all of the benefits that it offers.

I really enjoy Kelly, as she is very knowledgeable about the energy and healing of shakras and also knows how to straighten my body out.

This is a great location in the heart of Monterey attached to a special hotel, Casa Munras and excellent restaurant, Esteban's. I try to allow myself some time for tapas at Esteban's. Also a plus, plenty of parking.

Visited February 2013
San Jose
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Romantic and relaxing as it should be”
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

It was a perfect retreat to our romantic weekend getaway. My husband and I came to celebrate our first Valentine's as married couple so we splurged ourselves to couples treatment of 80 min massage with chocolate butter application. We spelled so yummy like we've become edible. Haha :) Our therapists were so wonderful with relaxing voices and hands of healers. Expect to be perfectly relaxed with massages. Decor was beautiful and calming to add to the relaxing spa experience. Only thing I would flag and so the staff are aware for future improvements is to double check the cleanliness of the glass cups before setting it up for guests to use to drink water at the waiting area (found lipstick marks on couple of them). Also, please check hair brushes in the basket makes clean brushes had hair in some of them in the women's changing area. Just those two items to improve on but the service, selection of products, the showed in locker room and the heated outdoor jacuzzi with offer of champagne while you relax were all wonderful. I would recommend for those looking for great massage and remember to bring your swim suits to enjoy the jacuzzi after your treatment. :) thanks for overall relaxing experience!

NorCal
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely, Relaxing Sanctuary”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Liked:
This place is perfect for a relaxing spa day. Alcoves to sit and sip orange-infused water and read while waiting for treatments, a great waterfall spa to unwind in and the full gamut of treatments to choose from.
I was completely relaxed, from head to toe by the end of my massage.

Disliked:
-I booked a deep tissue massage, but received more of a shiatsu massage. It wasn't what I requested, but it was still great.
-The women's bathroom has transparent doors on the shower stalls and toilet, which I HATED. I want more privacy than that.
-The spa's policy (which was nowhere printed on the menu/price list) is to automatically tack on 20% "gratuity" to your bill. I should have really made a fuss about this, but I didn't want to ruin my relaxed mood. But it irks me more and more now that I think about it. A gratuity is optional and paid, at the customer's discretion, for good service. A service fee is a mandatory fee. Gratuities should not be "automatically" added in to anything. It's tacky and wrong.

Visited January 2013