I normally refrain from reviewing places I stay in because I'm generally happy. I'm also not in my room that much because I'd rather be out doing things than sitting in a hotel room. However, because of the price, I feel like I should say something.
The placard on the door in our room listed the room rate as anywhere between $59.99 and $279.99. This is a decent hotel for the $59 rate, but I would never, ever pay $279. As it was, we paid almost $400 for 3 nights and that was severely overpriced.
First, here is what I liked about the hotel -
1. The gentleman who checked us in was very nice and friendly and seemed genuinely happy that we were there. Fine.
2. The towels were decent.
3. The TV worked.
4. The bathroom was a nice size.
Now, here is what I didn't like. Any of these things by themselves aren't horrible and even all together they are just sort of comical. But they all add up to not being worth the price.
1. The water from the shower alternated between lava hot and ice water. While showering.
2. The bottom of the bathroom door scraped the floor.
3. There is no closet. And no hangers. The "closet" is the alcove where the TV sits.
4. I couldn't get my phone connected to the wifi. (could have just been my lame phone.)
5. The bed had a duvet cover for a bedspread. An empty duvet cover. No duvet. I'm glad we brought an extra blanket.
6. I found a bug in the bed. Just one, but still.
7. No fan in the bathroom.
8. Flat pillows.
9. Not conveniently located to anything but the freeway. It wasn't a far drive to other places, I just would have liked to be able to walk somewhere.
10. No ice in the ice machine and the room fridge was turned off.
11. The pool is tiny and right by the road. There is a gate around it, but you can still smell the cars going by.
I can't speak for the breakfast because we went elsewhere. If you truly don't care where you stay and have money to burn, this place will do just fine. If, however, vacations are rare for you and you don't want to be disappointed, then find something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayside Inn is a block away from the Monetery Fairgrouns. Bayside inn will accommodate your needs while you enjoy the wonderful activities and surprises Monterey has to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayside Hotel Monterey