This gem came so close to 5 stars. Two little things prevented it. Firstly our room was really noisy. I was woken up twice during the night by rowdy neighbours (out of hotel's control really). We were on the ground floor right near the check in. If I was to stay again I'd definitely ask for an upper level room. Also the shower water on both of the two mornings we were there was only just luke warm. They were the quickest showers on a cool December morning.
Onto the positives.
1. Firstly the staff in the lobby are wonderful. So friendly and helpful.
2. Room was gorgeous and spacious. Quite modern with a fireplace that we couldn't resist using. Lovely going to sleep watching the fire.
3. Comfy beds with lovely bedding.
4. Room had a microwave and fridge.
5. Breakfast was more than adequate - bagels, croissants, pastries, cereals, oats and fruit. It was served in the lobby and you could take it all to your room.
6. Free coffee/tea and cookies served in the afternoons
7. Fabulous location, only 10 minutes easy walk to historic downtown and the pier
8. Free parking
9. Easy 10 minute drive to Carmel and 17 mile drive
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Colton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colton Hotel Monterey