“Great last minute experience”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Oakland, California
“Great last minute experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I came to town for our 22nd anniversary only to find that there was a biking event that booked up a large number of the hotels. While search for a place to stay , we saw the Red Roof Inn and remembered our previous stays in Fresno,Ca. We asked for a handicap accessible room but it was booked...they showed me a King size right off from the office and the price was GREAT! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable and the location was in walking distance from stores and restaurants, as well as location to Cannery Row being good. We were pleased with the service to accommodate my husband's disability and the last minute request for a late check out due to his disability needs. Thanks to Neil for his professionalism as well as the front desk staff. I will visit again when in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Avis:

I'm extremely very "PLEASED" to hear your feedback about your stay with us. It's brings us lot of pleasure to us, which I'll share with my entire staff as a part of encouragement.
Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated for doing a very positive review for us!
We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, We are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Kindly spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.

Neil (G.M.)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Don't let the location & surrounding area fool you...My family and I had an amazing experience at this hotel...Extremely friendly hotel staff, the cleanliness of the room and the affordability for what you get. My family & I reserved the suite...not my first suite at a hotel but it was by far the best suite I've ever stayed in. And I've stayed in luxury hotels. The location (at the back of the hotel), the private patio/balcony, and not one but 2 king size beds, a hot tub, 2 flat screen TVs and the list goes on. My family had a very wonderful, memorable experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating about extending our check out time (I needed 1 more hour to get my family together); and the overall customer service was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Monique:

I truly appreciate your positive feedback for your stay with us. It's a tremendous amount of pleasure for my entire staff by hearing from you and we always looking forward to take care of you as you needed in your future visit.
Your "AWESOME" review is always an inspiration to others.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible and will better than before!
Monterey, California
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have been here multiple times. I have found the room clean and well setup during my stays over here. For me, essential thing is spacious layout of the room and I like Red roof inn's double queen-bed rooms in this respect. The hotel management is cooperative and friendly. I would like to come here again in future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Guest:

I'm greatly appreciated for taking out your time to do such a "POSITIVE" review for us! It's a tremendous amount of pleasure for all of us.
Your satisfaction is everything for us and we could not ask anything else more but just to spread out your experience to others.
We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, Thank You so much and I truly appreciate your stay and time.
Fort Worth
Reviewed 20 April 2013

It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Price was reasonable, the bed was comfortable and the interior was nice and modern, though the exterior seems old and rundown. Negatives include the very thin, flimsy towels, and the small room. I had a king bed and it took up almost the entire space, making everything seem cramped. My coffeemaker leaked water and needed to be replaced. Also, it's very disconcerting to have your neighbor so close with a connecting door on a shared wall. I could hear everything they said or did, even if they weren't particularly loud, and I am sure they heard me as well. I booked based on the extremely high reviews they seem to get here on Trip Advisor and the great price point. After my stay, I honestly feel that either I stayed at a completely different place than these folks or there are inflated reviews to make the place seem better than it really it.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your feedback. I want to apologize that your stay at out property wasn't what you expected. I assure you we are working very diligently to bring the place up to standards. I understand the property is a little older and I apologize for the size of the room. Unfortunately, these things are just not as easily resolved. I do hope that you will give us another chance, as we are putting the finishing touches on our remodel. I'd love for you to come back and hope we can work something out. Again thank you for your feedback, I will do my best to address your concerns so that future guests don't have the same experience.

Regards,

Neil
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I just moved to the area from texas (retired army) and Instated at the Red Roof Inn in Monterey while I looked for an apartment. They are very professional and friendly. They gave me a corner downstairs room per my request so they were also very accommodating. Neil Prabhu was very helpful and gave me a great deal. I had a weird schedule so house keeping was also nice enough to work around my schedule. It's not very often that you find a hotel that really takes care of you.

• Stayed April 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Danae:

What a great "PLEASURE" and feeling for us after hearing positive feed backs for your pleasant stay. Wow!!!, we could not ask anything more than your satisfaction, which truly you deserve it. We appreciated your time and business for doing "PERFECT" review, which can inspire others to follow.

We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Overview: I stayed at one of the king bed rooms. Some of the rooms were being remodeled and I was told I was staying at a recently remodeled one. The owners were nice and also took care of some packages I had delivered to the hotel. The hotel rooms left me with a mixed impression, however given the price and the location, I would say this is a competitive offer.

The good:
* Location: near highway, CVS, Safeway, not too far from downtown Monterey
* Low price
* Bed (very nice -- it was new), TV (large flat screen on wall)
* The owners were nice and polite, and seemed to want to take care of the residents and address any complaints they had. One example is that we had some merchandise shipped to the hotel that came in three different boxes. The owners kept their mind to receive our boxes and they even brought two of them to my room.
* Rooms have microwave + fridge.
* Wireless worked 90% of the time. I could see two wireless access points with ok/good signal. Problems seemed to arise from comcast itself.
* The heating unit is really nice (I think is new). Heats up the room quickly if needed and it is not too loud.

The bad (I didn't complain about any of the following -- I have the impression if I complained, the owners would take care of problems):
* Some parts of the room were still old and grungy. It seems they did a partial remodeling.
* The carpet was old and dirty looking (at spots).
* Some mold on the bathroom curtain. Green rust on bathroom shower head.
* Shower water would randomly become very hot (almost burning). Happened in most my showers.
* One day, there were ants in the microwave -- Neil said that they wouldn't eat me.
* Two of the three windows had blinds instead of curtains. The blinds couldn't block all incoming light and I also felt people could look in the room.
* The construction crew was remodeling some of the adjacent rooms during my stay. One of the days, I found my car covered with sawdust. Not nice.
* Breakfast was simple: cereal, some baked pastry, and peanut butter and jelly. The peanut butter was served in a family-size container. Because it was almost empty, I had to put half my hand in the container to get some peanut butter out -- not sanitary.

Nearby restaurants: check Black Bear Diner

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Guest:

I truly appreciated for taking out your time to give us your feedback for your stay. I'm also very impressed for your honest and fair opinion. I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service. I'll do my best to rectify the issues that you had and will make sure it won't occur again.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible as the previous one.
Cali
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our stay here was great. Only thing its a pain apparently if you have to check in after 10 pm. Once we got there it was cool but a lady called us and asked exactly when we would be there and having jus gotten outta the water in santa cruz er didnt know. Regardless once we got there we were given our keys and checked in promptly. Other than that rooms were clean and we were stoked our dog was able to stay with us without hassle.

• Stayed April 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest:
Your valued time for doing a perfect review for us is greatly appreciated.Your comments are appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.