I stayed at this Motel twice in two day stints a few weeks apart and I would stay here again.
There is no elevator to the second floor so I ended up just leaving most of my bags in the car and just taking out what I needed.
It was great to see the property is advertised as "non-smoking" but I did see someone smoking outside one of the buildings and there was one of those pits cigarette butts near the front of the property. I think what the staff actually means is that all the rooms are non-smoking not that it is a non-smoking property - maybe a slight language issue here because it is definitely not a non-smoking "property".
I like the wireless internet included - strong signal both stays and the flat screen tv. My second stay the tv did not get in many of the channels and I mentioned it to the front desk staff and they said they would look into it but I never got another response and it didn’t work right both days I was there. I didn't care too much because I had plenty of choices channel choices that worked fine and I really wasn't going to watch much tv.
Both the rooms were very nice overall. A good value for the money. Plenty of towels. The first room did have a very poorly designed toilet stall though. The toilet was not centered in the stall and way too close to the wall. It may not be an issue for smaller people but I’m about 6’3 and it definitely was not the best. Just poorly designed because the stall is actually plenty big enough.
Also as far as design issues. It is definitely not wise to put a portable fountain right in the middle of a sidewalk near the rooms over the office. The fountain looked nice though.
At the check-in they are all business. Definitely not interested in small talk of any kind. I also tried to use the reward Redi card which gives you points towards a future stay but I must have heard at least four or five times from two different people that I should have registered through their website and not through Expedia (I actually used United.com). They seem oblivious that their website charges higher rates for rooms so why would anyone go through it directly. It sounded more like something rehearsed or that someone told them to say because almost to the word both staff members said the same thing.
They tried to help me and I’ll give them credit for that but it was obvious they really didn’t understand what I meant about crediting my previous stay or they could not do it easily. The lady at the counter said she would look into it. I forgot about it until the manager called me the next day and of course I needed to meet with him to resolve this. Putting it back on me the customer saying I should have used their website to make the reservation and thus pay a higher price too is not good service. It seemed like a little thing and I thought they could just punch a few things on the keyboard and give me the proper credit but they couldn't do it and it was not worth my time to pursue it further. Too much time wasted already. I know I will probably never get enough points to get anything through their rewards.
The breakfast is very minimal as far as choices too but I wasn’t expecting much. There was a strange sign saying something along the lines of asking you to eat your food in the small area with a few tables only - but every time I went there wasn't a seat. Nothing wrong with eating in my room of course. There are plenty of good places to get something to eat within walking distance and I figure that's what most people would do.
Overall, very clean, good location, walkable distance to good places to eat so I’ll likely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is non-smoking and conveniently located near Highway 1, 68 and 218 near the juncture of Monterey, Seaside and Del Rey Oaks. Less than 5 miles away from Monterey Fairgrounds and the beach, it's easy for our guest to enjoy major events and the California sun. Drive a little further and you can visit the famous Fisherman's Warf as well as Cannery Row; where you can enjoy shopping, fine dining, entertainment and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. For the adventurous type, only 15 minutes away, you can visit Pebble Beach and the renowned 17-Mile Drive. Enjoy gourmet restaurants, shopping and multiple golf courses along the ocean. you can also visit numerous missions and historic monuments around the area. Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is ideal during major seasonal events such as; the Monterey Jazz Festival, Monterey Auto Week, the Big Sur International marathon, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. our location is convenient for all events, and we offer great deals on advance bookings along with ample parking for a variety of vehicle sizes. Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is non-smoking and has 55 rooms ranging from standard accommodations to suites. All rooms feature free WiFi, a 32" LED TV, a microwave, refrigerator, In-Room Coffee, a hair dryer, and an iron & ironing board. Enjoy quality time with the family in one of our 2 Family Suites offering 2 king sized beds, a jetted spa tub, a living area with a fireplace and two 32" LED TV's. We also offer a seasonal continental breakfast, primarily during the summer months. Experience our complimentary coffee and tea in the Lobby. We also offer an on-site snack machine, soda machine and ice machine and feature a cafe shop conveniently located on our lot. The Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey has ample parking able to accommodate any size vehicle. We also have an on-site RV Park which includes hook-ups ranging from electric 120v line, water, cable and septic station for all RV guests. We can accommodate RV sizes ranging anywhere from10'-60'. One family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Value Inn And Suites - Cypress Tree Inn
- America`s Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Hotel Monterey