The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$176
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$255/night.

Monterey Hotel(Monterey)
US$278
US$386
US$369
  • Restaurant
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$186
Hotels.com
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$214
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

Monterey Bay Inn(Monterey)
US$337
US$314
Travelocity
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$391/night.

US$319
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$504/night.

All reviewsroom was cleanflat screen tvdefinitely stay here againchecking inwi ficontinental breakfastcoffee makeran upgraderoad tripmotelmicrowavecerealsafewaypillowsjacuzzicoastfireplace
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This motel was the best motel i have stayed in a long time love the fact they had all the cable channels didnt miss any of my shiws, big rooms, walking distance to several places to eat.
Loved my stay will go back soon...

Thanks Red Roof Inn

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank javina6
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Javina:

WOW!!!, what can we say but express our utmost gratitude to you for leaving a perfect review. We always get a bit giddy when we get these perfect scores because it means so much to us. We are really working super hard to make The Red Roof INN one of the hidden gems and best values to stay in Monterey and reviews like yours really capture our efforts.

Thank You! We'd love to host you again. Next time book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey.com and find our LOWEST RATES!)

Your comments are so much appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

We would love to host you again in your next visit to Monterey! For your future stay, please book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey.com or call us prior to your arrival and we will gladly take care of you!
We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was our first visit to the Red Roof Inn in Monterey. On prior visits we had used the Motel 6 just a few blocks away because our small dog stays free. I now LAMENT the fact that we waited this long to "discover" the Red Roof Inn! The online price is nearly the same as the Motel 6 but there the comparison ends! In all other respects this Red Roof Inn (I cannot speak for others) is clearly superior to the Motel 6! This is not to say that the Motel 6 in Monterey is bad...it gives reasonable value and is a cut above some others of the chain. However, when you consider the amenities this Red Roof Inn is able to add to the Motel 6 "lack thereof", the choice for the former becomes a no-brainer. Here's what you get there that you don't get at the Motel 6: continental breakfast (a very basic one obviously), free internet (also faster than at the Motel 6), in-room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, larger TV, iron with ironing board, a hair dryer and a comfortable chair and computer table. Not only is the TV larger, the cable offerings are more and better (not just Fox News ranting at you, they even have PBS!). And, the beds and pillows were also a cut above the competition! As if these assets weren't enough to obviate the choice, the Red Roof is also cleaner, quieter and friendlier--and, one pet under 30 lbs. is FREE. The older gentlemen we met at check-in was courteous, friendly and efficient and the service given by the young man at check-out was exceptional...very friendly and helpful--don't expect that to be the norm at your average Motel 6.

In summary, our two-night stay was very comfortable with amenities WELL beyond expectations. The very low online rate may not be available over the phone so I advise booking online and this is an off-season rate--EVERY motel goes sky high in the Monterey-Carmel area in the summer! Suffice it to say we highly recommend this motel, and it will certainly be our first choice in Monterey in the future. Just call me RED ROOF ROBERT from now on!

Room Tip: This was a mid-week first-time visit so I can't attest to other rooms or specific locations.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert T

Dear Robert:

Your feedback is appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
We requesting you to spread out the words to others. We hope to see you again.

I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay as pleasant as possible, and it will be better than before!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Last year my husband and I stayed here during a festival and it was perfect. Nice walk to the fairgrounds. So nice we were able to stop at the liquor store, CVS and grab a bite at the cute little café next door. Don't let me forget Denny's is right down the street too! The room was clean and looked exactly as promised online. We ended up with a corner room that seemed private from the others. We didn't hesitate on reserving another room this year.

Room Tip: Corner room had only one neighbor to the right. Lots of room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsDubG
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Corinne:
First of all I must take a pride of your sweet memory for staying with us LAST year. It's WONDERFUL!!!

We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We would love to host you anytime when U visit to Monterey! For your future stay, please call us prior to your arrival and we will gladly take care of you!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I am currently staying at the Red Roof Inn in Monterey for a 3 month extended stay for business. I have to say that I am more happy to have picked this hotel. I initially stayed in one of the regular rooms for several days while waiting for a kitchenette room to open. The regular hotel rooms were fabulous. Looks and feels like a 4 star hotel because of the decor and layout of the room. The beds were super comfy and the TV was high def with plenty of channels. I also used the wi-fi which worked wonderfully with all my business needs. I just hooked up my laptop, brought my printer and I was in business from the get-go!!. Neal the manager was very helpful with the transition to the kitchenette, which I requested upon arrival. I only waited a few days. I needed the kitchenette because of my long term stay and need for cooking my meals, since I am a health nut ( i don't like to eat out). The kitchenette room is part of Red Roof Inn. It is not of the same decor of the regular rooms, but it is like a large 1 bedroom apartment with large living room and kitchen. So, it totally suits my needs as a business traveler. I like it so much, that I am going to let my company know so they can tell my colleagues about this place for long term stays. The location is also great. I joined the gym literally across the street and Safeway is only a few blocks away. Also, quick access to all the attractions in Monterey and Carmel. The freeway is only several minutes away. GREAT PLACE!!!

Room Tip: Great place for long term stay, especially with kitchenette rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank johnnyboy2014

Dear John:

Again we appreciate your time and efforts, and requesting you to spread out the words to others. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed there recently with my wife son and daschund. Overall, this property was an excellent value for the price and was probably the best price for the amenities offered in Monterey. It is an older motel that has been refurbished. The neighborhood is older but we felt safe during our stay. There is ample shopping and restaurants nearby. Our room was large with two queen beds, a flat panel tv, a large bathroom with tub/shower combo and a micro/fridge. It was pretty comfortable and clean and smelled fresh and not of smoke or chemicals. The Pros: The staff (Kevin and Jasmine) were friendly and professional, the room was very clean, they accept pets without charging an additional fee, lots of hot water, very good price. The Cons: We had to ask for additional towels and they were scratchy, the sheets and blankets were well worn, the breakfast was very minimal, the spa was not working.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, call ahead as they have a limited number of pet rooms available. No extra charge for your pet :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you wanted to share your experience staying with us. We want to provide excellent and great quality service to all of our guests on a daily basis, because we want our guests to be happy and always return in the future. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy everything in your room from the bathroom to the beds and everything in between. My staff works very had and they always make sure that they treat our guests in the most professional manners. Please refer us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again in the future. Also, next time do book directly with us or through redroofinnmonterey.com. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed without any hassle.

Thanks,