“Pretty and clean. With friendly staff as a bonus and all at a good price”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Stockton, California
“Pretty and clean. With friendly staff as a bonus and all at a good price”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. There are a lot of restaurants and shops in walking distance including a Denny's and Cvs and little diner right across the street. The room was very clean and quiet and parking was good.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kat W
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Kat,

We are extremely delighted that you have given us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. We always strive to keep our guests happy in the best possible way. When our guests are happy, it means that we are achieving our everyday goals and tasks. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the cleanliness of our newly renovated bedrooms. Parking was quiet and good, which is a good thing for all of our guests so that they can enjoy a good night sleep. Please do refer us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again in the future. Also, next time do book directly with us or through redroofinnmonterey.com. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed without any hassle.

Thanks,

Neil Prabhu (G.M.)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Although this is an older property, it has only been a Red Roof Inn since it was purchased by a new owner in 2012. We stayed three nights in room 109 which is at the rear of the property. Parking is in a lot rather than in front of each room so it was very quiet. Our king-bed room was large. Everything in the motel was updated in 2012 including the furniture, bedding and drapes, carpet, and flat-screen TV. A refrigerator and microwave are provided. Unlike the open hanging space or pegs on the wall we see in many motels, this closet had an actual door and a number of shelves and shared the hanging space with the iron and ironing board inside. The shower is good but lacked water pressure. Perhaps it was a low flow head.

The owner is trying to get the laundry and the spa repaired. The owner lamented that help is hard to find so it may be a while before these amenities are available on site. There is easy access to a laundromat, a CVS drug store and several restaurants. Breakfast is a light continental breakfast. Best bet for breakfast is across the street at Grandma's Kitchen.

We stayed three nights at the inn to take advantage of the wonderful hiking in the area. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mountain View
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Why are people saying that there's no pet fee? I stayed here last year and upon check-in the desk manager told me there WAS a fee. I brought both of my dogs so I definitely paid this fee twice (just double-checked my invoice since it was emailed to me, and it's there). There were some paranoia-inducing signs posted up by reception that said things like, "If we find out you have pets staying here, or if you bring more than one pet but didn't tell us, you will be charged. If we find out you've left your pets alone in the room, you will be charged." So as to why this motel supposedly has no pet fee is beyond me.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First, we appreciate your feedback after almost one year. You have addressed your special concerns. It's a great pleasure hearing from you after a long time and I apologize for any misunderstanding that you may have encountered during your stay. Some rules are beyond our control and we have to work within our limits.

As the Red Roof pet policy states, only one pet is allowed to stay for free. Any additional pets are against the Red Roof brand standard. However, we always want our valued guests to come and enjoy their stay with us, so in some cases we may override the policy and we may allow additional pets if the guest is willing to pay an additional pet fee.

For the safety and environmental purposes of other guests, additional pets must be declared at the time of check-in, and pets must never be left unattended in the rooms or in any vehicles. This is a brand policy that is being stated.

We hope you understand it and again we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please feel free to contact me for any concerns that you may have and we would love to host you again! Hope to see you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Great service, comfortable bed, quiet & well located for dinner at a Monterey Cookhouse. Jasmin was the name of the lady who checked us in; she was friendly, professional and happy to help. We found this place through Trip Advisor and after reading peoples reviews I noticed the Inn recommended contacting them for the cheapest rates. With this information I rang the Inn and explained what a particular site was offering their rooms for - Neil was happy to price match the online special. When leaving I passed on some feedback to Neil and he genuinely welcomed it. I will definitely stay here again and/or recommend it to friends.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dlynj
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We admire that you have given us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. Our guests are the most important asset when it comes to keeping our business going. We want to take every action to make our guests happy. We will go beyond the limit to make sure that our guests look at us in a positive way. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the great services our hotel has to offer. We will keep striving to make you feel happy, so we really do hope to see you and your family again in the future. Also, please do recommend us to your friends, and we hope to see them as well.

Thanks,

Neil Prabhu (G.M.)
Clovis, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Booking.com totally screwed us over on this busy Valentines weekend (not why we were there) and didn't submit our request to Red Roof which left the front desk guy scrambling to find us something similar. He upgraded us to a suite as it was the only room left.
No major issues other than the "sitting room" fire sprinkler started spraying water when the people above were showering. That was fun. Managers cleaned it up and it really didn't affect us.
Good for the money and area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristin D
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Kristin:
I truly appreciated your fair and honest feedback about your stay with us.
You have a great understanding and patient of the situation, and not considering as an issue/problem which happened accidentally.
So "NICE" of hearing from you!
We will do our absolute best to take corrective measures to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.
We would love to host you again in your next visit to Monterey! For your future stay, please book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey.com or call us prior to your arrival and we will gladly take care of you!

San Fernando, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked a room at the Red Roof Inn, Monterey...After 6 hour drive and 3 hours whale watching trip. I was very tired. I arrived and asked if I could have an early check in. The very nice gentle man at the front desk checked me in the granted me an early check in. It was so welcome because I was up for more 24 hours. Was very surprise that the room was very nice. I truly didn't expect such a quality room. The room was very clean... took a knap and then went to visit the aquarium and got something to eat. I got back to the room because I was really tired by then. wanted to watch a movie, so I decided to connect my HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV so that I can watch the movie on a big screen instead of the Laptop. Was bit disappointed because the management block the input on the TV, remote was only for the cable receiver. The TV was set up to be turned on or off manually.
Well I fell asleep while watching my movie...slept thru to night until around 6:30pm...It was the best night sleep I had in a long time. Decided to spend a second night and again I slept so good. The beds are very comfortable and clean....I'll definitely will stay here again. I definitely will recommend to my friends and family.
The rates were very reasonable also.
Checked from February 15-17 Room 123 Frist floor.

Room Tip: Room 123 next to housekeeping room. A bit noisy in the AM
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gnicks
Dear Guest:
My entire staff is delighted as you have given us a very good feedback base on your wonderful (staying) experience with us. We always put our best efforts for courtesy early C/I if possible and to complete the process with efficiency, so our guests don’t have to wait too long. We offer best affordable rates that our guests can experience in order to come back to visit us and become our VIP guests.
I’m glad that you enjoyed all amenities include the comfort of the bed that we provide for your convenient. Your comfort is our priority as you deserve it and it's our duty to do level best for our guests staying/leaving happily. We would love to host you again. Please call us or book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey. Com for guaranteed, hassle free and best rates for your future reservations. Please spread out your words to the friends and families that you involved!
I truly appreciated your business and lovely feedback!
Monterey, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Room was great they offer coffee in each room free wifi which was convenient Good location the service was nice very friendly people I would recommend this place to anybody coming to the Monterey area it's a great place to stay while enjoying the coast

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jalozan
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest:
It's truly great feeling after hearing from you.What can we say but express our utmost gratitude to you for leaving a "PERFECT" review. We always get a bit giddy when we get these perfect scores because it means so much to us. We are really working super hard to make The Red Roof INN one of the hidden gems and best values to stay in Monterey and reviews like yours really capture our efforts.

Thank You! We'd love to host you again. Next time book directly with us at redroofinnmonterey.com and find our LOWEST RATES!)
Again we appreciate your time and efforts, and requesting you to spread out the words to others. We hope to see you again