“Wouldn't stay here again”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I keep telling myself, Never trust the professional photos. Some of the rooms looked to have been refurbished however the one we stayed in most definately had not. The floor didn't look clean and although the towels had been washed, they were stained. Staff were fine and helpful. The location is not good, I appreciate that it is not far from the center however it is not within walking distance. There are plenty of places to eat at nearby that are reasonable but my biggest disappointment was the room. Therefore if I come back to Monterey I won't stay here but would choose somewhere closer...........with nicer rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate that you wanted to share your experience staying with us. First of all, my staff and I want to sincerely apologize that your stay was not as pleasant as you thought it would have been. We are sorry to hear that your room was not to your satisfaction, but I can assure you that my housekeeping staff works hard each and everyday to make sure that the rooms are clean from corner to corner. We can assure you that you will never experience this problem again. With that being said, we really do hope to see you again in the future, as our guests are very important to us.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrivede on friday the 18th of april. And in the reception was Paul, a great young man who helped us alot with finding us a perfect room, helped us calling food in, and gave us direction to find the local Radioshack. If "Emploie of the month" is something you do, then please considder Paul.

He was great.

Yous sincerly, 2 Danish tourist

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Martin,

We are very pleased that you wanted to share your experience staying with us, and it makes us very proud that you were willing to give us a perfect rating. A perfect rating from our guests is what we work so hard for. We always want our guests to feel that we can provide the best possible service out of everyone. My staff works hard each and everyday and we are glad to hear that you noticed how hard Paul works. He is very happy to hear your feedback, and we really do hope to see you again in the future as always. Also, next time do book directly with us or through redroofinnmonterey.com. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed without any issues.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, the first time was with our travel trailer. Just like then it was our first time staying in one of them rooms. I figured we would get one of their rooms, we ended up getting a Suite instead. For what we paid for 3 days 2 nites I was pleased and so was my family. Thank you very much Red Roof Inn in Monterey Bay, maybe next time we will take our trailer again and there again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you wanted to share your experience staying with us. We want to provide our guests with the best possible service. Feedback from our guests lets us know where we need to make improvements. We admire the feedback that our guests do give us. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay for a couple of days. We really do hope to see you again in the future as always. Also, next time do book directly with us or through redroofinnmonterey.com. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed without any issues.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The facility was very clean. The location was good. There was plenty of restaurants to eat at in the area. Also a few drugs store just in case you that one thing you forgot at home ( allergy medicine ). Located a few minutes from Cannery Row or Monterey Fishersman's Wharf. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were spacious. However, HORRIBLE staff. I had left my room in the morning to have breakfast. Mind you check out is 11 am, I return back to the room at 10 am. I find the cleaning staff cleaning out my room as if we had checked out. When I returned to my room to get my property that was in the room, the cleaning staff yelled at me claiming I could not enter the room. The argument was so heated that I demanded that they call the owner. Well the owner finally showed up and told the staff they were in the wrong. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy M
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Jimmy,

We are happy to hear that you wanted to share your experience staying with us. The feedback that we hear from our guests makes us more motivated in what we do on a daily basis. Jimmy, first of all my staff and I would like to sincerely apologize for our housekeeping staff entering your room early to clean. That should have never happened, because you are exactly right about our check out time being at 11:00 AM. I have talked to my housekeeping staff about this issue and I can assure you that it will not happen again. Again, I am really sorry you had to come across this encounter. If you do plan on visiting us again, I will make sure this will not happen and I can give you a good deal on your next stay, so we really hope that this does not push you away from visiting us. We really do hope to see you again in the future, because our guests are very important to us.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here two nights. It was clean, and the employees were helpful and polite. The price was excellent. The biggest problem we had was the lack of plugs. We have devices to charge and there was no place to do so. There was a mass of cords behind the one night stand using a multi plug adaptor. I did plug in here but it seemed almost dangerous. There was a coffeepot on the desk, but no plug so we used the very small vanity in the bathroom. Also, the tv had a remote but it did not turn the powet off and on. This was annoying. The hot tub was not working and the breakfast was empty except for cold cereal when we got there at around 8:30. My gps could not find this place and we almost gave up on finding it. Since this is the only place we stayed in Monterey, I can't say for sure, but most of the hotels look the same age, so they might allhave the same problems.

Room Tip: We stayed right inside the entrance and it was very noisy. Thank goodness for ear plugs!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your feedback based on your experience staying with us. We always want to have opinions from our guests, so we know in what ways to improve ourselves. First of all, my staff and I would like to sincerely apologize for any of the small issues that you have encountered during your stay. We definitely do not want you to have those kinds of issues during your trip. We appreciate your suggestions and we will take them into further thought. Next time you do come visit, we will be sure to make your stay more enjoyable without any issues. We really do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night while passing through Monterey. Everything was clean and everything was as we had expected (and better ).
Service was friendly.
Wifi af breakfast is included which is very good for the price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are excited to hear that you wanted to share your experience staying with us and that you rated us perfectly based on your stay. My staff and I put our best efforts into making sure that we can always keep our guests very happy. We go out of our own way to make sure that we can do anything for our guests. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a clean and fresh smelling room. My housekeeping staff makes sure that each and every room is perfect for our guests. Please refer us to your other friends and family and we really hope to see you again in the future. Also, next time be sure to make a reservation directly through redroofinnmonterey.com or by giving us a call at 831-372-7586. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Outstanding customer service and overall stay. Red Roof Inn is pet friendly which is mandatory for us since we always travel with our dog. We were very pleased to learn that pets stay at no extra charge! FREE!!!. The location is within a few blocks of the Monterey County Fairgrounds, is convenient to restaurants, drug stores, grocery, shopping, and short drive to attractions such Cannery Row, Aquarium, beaches, etc. We really appreciated all of the great tips that Neil offered and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Grace,

We are very happy to hear that you wanted to share your experience with us and that you also gave us a perfect rating, which is what my staff and I work so hard for. The free pet policy is a great way for families to travel with their pets so they do not leave them at home. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of that. We also are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy so many close attractions nearby, which kept your trip to Monterey, CA more outgoing. Please refer us to your other friends and family and we really hope to see you again in the future. Also, next time be sure to make a reservation directly through redroofinnmonterey.com or by giving us a call at 831-372-7586. By booking directly with us, your reservations are always guaranteed.