“Great value and super clean”
Review of Lone Oak Lodge

Lone Oak Lodge
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Frisco, Colorado
“Great value and super clean”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Lone Oak is a quality motel. The room and grounds were exceptionally clean. Lori at the front desk was super friendly and directed me to the beach which was very close and made for a great walk. This motel is a great value in the Monterey area and I will be back anytime I am in the neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank palancar87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent value for money motel.
Exceptionally clean with lovely fireplace, microwave, coffee maker and fridge.

Only downside wasn't within walking distance of Monterey however we knew this prior to booking.
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GOWEREXPLORERS R
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

When I first arrived , the lady at the front was super nice , the second lady that was there after 5 pm was also super friendly , the room was very clean , new bath room. Spa was great , over all great stay. I will definitely return !!! J.O

Room Tip: My room ( 24 ) was on the right as you enter , great stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank players063
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for your really wonderful review. It's very appreciated!
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed three nights and had no issues or trouble at all. The lady at the front desk was lovely and such a laugh, even lent us a bottel opener! Room was plenty big, quiet and came with all the little extras such as TV, fridge, tea & coffee and a hair dryer. Bed was comfortable, although the mattress was a little soft and by the third night I did start to get really bad back ache...but that's just me, my husband didn't have any issues with it. Shower worked really well and thought the bathroom was really clean. Plenty of parking outside for everyone and the wifi worked great! Didn't use the spa but liked the idea that there was a hot tub, steam room and exercise equipment right outside my door. Saw a few people getting use out of the BBQ. Loads of resturants on the strip plus a 7eleven. Really close to monterey town, Carmel and big sur. Perfect! :) only slight negative was that my husband found the fridge a little noisey and it did wake him up, but I slept right through and it didn't bother me at all. would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the bed and the refrigerator, we will take a look.....hope to see you back again soon
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Lone Oak for one night, it was very nice. I had the pleasure of having the owner check me in. Only bad thing was when taking a shower in the morning the water will go from hot to cold and vice versa (I was told by whom I believe is the office manager, that they share a water heater). If I am paying a little over $100, I should have been warned at check in. I also forgot something in the room and it was never found which it is a little ironic. The lady at the front desk was rude and unprofessional when I called about it on several occasion and when I asked to speak to the owner she says she relayed the message and cannot do anymore. Great customer service, NOT! The place is very cute and it feels like a home away from home minus the little troubles I encountered. I would have given it an excellent if I didn't have to deal with the lady at the front desk.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perla Maria M
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
This guest was checked in by the front desk clerk, not the Owner. I’m the Manager and I checked her out the next morning. At that time she explained that the shower temperature was fluctuating? I merely explained that there are a group of rooms that share a massive hot water heater (no one else complained of hot water) I indicated that I would report the problem to maintenance. The guest was fine with this and she left. It’s completely typical for a Motel or Hotel to have massive hot water heaters servicing several rooms at once. I do not know what we should have warned her about at check in?

The rude and unprofessional front desk lady she is referring to is me, I’m the Manager. Actually, I’m very courteous and friendly to everyone! What sparked this review was the guest called a day or so later to see if she had left DVD’s in the room. I personally checked lost and found, asked the Housekeeper who cleaned the room, after her departure, if she had found DVD’s and nothing was located. They simply were not here. This information is not what the guest wanted to hear and she instantly accused the Housekeeper of stealing her DVD. This also resulted in several harassing phone calls from the guest, accusing the housekeeper of being a thief. I think it’s safe to say that a Housekeeper would not jeopardize her employment over stealing anything, especially something as petty as a DVD. I do not take kindly to false accusations directed at my staff. I have been working with these same Housekeepers for years. The Head Housekeeper has been here 22 years. They are completely honest and hardworking Ladies. Over the years, our Housekeepers have recovered many items left behind in rooms, credit cards, passports, cash, laptops, IPads, car keys, jewelry, cell phones, the list is long. We always make sure a guest receives their property back, if it was accidentally left behind in the first place.

Respectfully
Lori Bauer
Manager/Lone Oak Lodge
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice and cosy rooms, with daily service. Most importantly not only the rooms are neat and clean but the whole premises is such.

Some of the rooms are also with full kitchen and dining space so it's so much easier and it makes you feel at home. Also the location of this place is super, Safeway, CVS and Wash & Dry are conveniently located.

While I stayed here for almost two months, I never faced any kind of issues. I also saw my room getting upgraded with constant changes and the team took really good care of us.

I felt so much better after moving here from the next door chain hotel, Thank you for that Lori, Richard and Michelle. You guys are awesome! I will come back and stay with you if I ever come to Monterey again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AJ0833
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much, what a lovely comment!
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014

So many positives about this place! We stayed in one of their 'cottages', much like an apartment and perfect for our family of four. It had a large bedroom, living room with double bed and comfortable AND clean pullout couch, a good size bathroom and a full kitchen. Foremost, it was very clean. The wifi was fast and problem free, it was quiet, a fantastic value, great location in reference to Carmel, nearby beaches, Canary row, aquarium, and it's quiet. I especially appreciated the courtesy of the cleaning staff accommodating our crazy schedule. Comfortable beds/linens, plenty of towels. Fancy, modern design? No, but we won't stay anywhere else when we return to Monterey.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
loneoaklodgemonterey, Manager at Lone Oak Lodge, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for the nice review. The Cottages are great for Families! The full kitchen will help save money. Dining out for every meal can get quite expensive. Hope to see you back again soon!