“Smaller place, but great location and great food!”

Crab Louie's Bistro
Ranked #109 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: crab louie bistro is located on the wharf in beautiful Monterey harbor ofering spectacular views of the sealions and from all window tables. We are open every day - for breakfast,lunch and dinner Our guests may enjoy the view of sea otters,sealions and pelicans. Enjoy breakfast or lunch ,or have a romantic candlelight dinner while the sun is setting over Monterey bay.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Smaller place, but great location and great food!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had been walking the wharf and stopped here so my wife could try their crab. I had their fresh King Salmon. Both were very good. Our server, Don, was very professional, attentive, and had great suggestions. He got us a window table as soon as one was available. We definitely would go back.

• Visited May 2014

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Good food and entertainment”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Okay, the title may be misleading, but we were thoroughly entertained during our meal by the playful otter and sea lions in the marina. When you walk down Fisherman's Wharf, restaurant employees are waiting outside with free samples of their clam chowder. One of our group sampled the chowder at four restaurants and chose Crab Louie's Bistro for our lunch stop. We were fortunate to get a window seat and loved having this view while we ate. We had also been enticed inside by a free appetizer of calamari. All four of us enjoyed our meals. The restaurant is small and there was usually a line for the single restroom. But I would eat there again myself and feel that I can recommend it to others.

• Visited March 2014
Roseville, California
“Went for the clam chowder!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We ate here because I really wanted clam chowder and figured it looked like a great place for it. I ended up having a another favorite of mine, fish & chips. The other people in my group had chowder bread bowls. I thought the chowder was a little bland, although it had lots of clams in it. My fish & chips (snapper) we okay but again it seemed to be missing some flavor. We didn't have a window seat but could still see the ocean which was nice.
The service was great but I wasn't overly impressed with they food and proabably won't return. The prices were average for the area and really what you're paying for is location.

• Visited February 2014
bloomington, IL
“Had a great time, good food”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our daughter, but the reception desk at our hotel told us not to go there. They referred us to a much pricer place. We went anyway and it was a fun time. The restaurant is very small and sits on the wharf. We went early and were given a table by the window. We had a blast watching an otter looking for fish, seagulls waiting for seconds from the otter and a pile of seals on a nearby platform. Our waiter was an older gentlemen who was very personable and attentive. I had salmon, rice, salad with vinegrette and broccoli/carrot medley. My husband had the fish combo - salmon, shrimp and red snapper. All was good, but not over the top, but still adequate for the price. Was a very quaint place and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited September 2013
Winters, California
“Fish That's Not Fishy!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am always on a quest to find that fish that doesn't taste like fish... I know it's good for me, but I just don't like that fishy taste! In any case, my wife and I were in Monterey for a conference and we were walking down the pier at Fisherman's Wharf one evening when we decided to give Crab Louie's a try... My wife had the fresh Dungeness Crab with fresh vegetables and I had Sand Dabs, a small white fish that is not widely available. Both were very fresh and I must say the fish was very good. It came with a lemon, butter, and caper sauce (not a traditional piccata, but similar) and the crab was excellent. The place is small, but it has a character all its own. We had a great window table and could watch the sea lions frolic in the waters below while we enjoyed our meal. I can see by the mixed reviews that it might be hit and miss with the cooks... But I must say that our dinner was good. I wouldn't shy away from returning...

• Visited November 2013