“Above my expectations for a 2 Star rated motel”
Review of Del Monte Pines

Del Monte Pines
Ranked #9 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Rated two stars but exceeded what I expected from a 2 star. Unlike my last July review of Hotel Abrego which should not have a 3 star rating with there bad service and my room which had no heat. Thank you Del Monte Pines for good friendly clean service

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bill R
There are newer reviews for Del Monte Pines

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking to get away for her hirthday We found this hotel and figured we'd give it a try. When we pulled back the sheets we found dried blood. We told the manager we would like a different room. When he comes in and sees the sheets pulled back he starts yelling at us saying we ruined the room and to deal with the stain since we stain our clothes all the time and still wear them. We did not know where the blood came from or what kind of diseases could have existed on it. He then starts getting mad at my girlfriend to the point where she walks out the door. The manager starts throwing out all these excuses for his behavior. He also told me he would not refund the room. I tell him to change the sheets then to apologize to my girlfriend, which he does by going out to my car and banging on my window to get her attention. By now she's in tears and wants him to go away. We ended up just leaving because the manager was being a total you know what. We are never going to stay here again! GO TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL! It's falling apart and the lobby stinks.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Del Monte Pines Motel is quaint. If you are looking for a killer deal this is it! It is clean, charming, and quiet. The architecture is typical of the "old California" style of motels with smaller guest and bathrooms.
It has all the basic amenities you would expect at a fraction of the price compared to updated more contemporary properties. All of the recognizable mid tier name brand hotels have built adjacent to them so you know it is in a safe and decent area. You will have a peaceful good nights sleep here without traffic or tenant noise to disturb you.
It is close to town but, not close enough to walk. You really really need to have a car or rent one when visiting the surrounding areas of Monterey, Carmel, and Big Sur because of all the great scenic drives that you really have to experience. There are breathtaking, amazing drives and great little places to explore that you will not find anywhere else on the planet but, you must drive to get to them!
The rates were amazing I paid $34.00 including tax in Jan. 2011 and when I arrived they gave me an upgrade because they were not full. The staff was friendly and nice.
I would recommend it to anyone who can appreciate charm and wants a fantastic value. If an old building turns you off this isn't the place for you.

Room Tip: The in room fireplace in nice or the in room jacuzzi is great
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaCA
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The owners were nice, the rooms were alright but there were somethings that i did not like. The bathroom was dirty. The toilet seat was peeling, the bathtub was dirty...it was just very dated.
The noise level was bad. I could tell when someone used the toilet or when someone took a shower. I could even hear the people next door talk!

There was white HAIR on the sink and curly brown HAIR on the towels and bed sheet!!!!! I do not have either! The phone was broken and a light bulb was not working. The best thing about this hotel was the fireplace.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skye V
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Although the location is nice, the place is old and needs major updating. Torn and worn carpets. Cracked and missing grouting in the jacuzzi area. And although the mattress was old and worn I did find it comfortable. No frills here but just OK. Nothing to write home about. Be warned if you have mobility issues and book a jacuzzi room that the jacuzzi is a combo with the shower and I found it difficult to get in and out of.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank milotian
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Room smelt musty the carpet was not vacuumed, an old place that needs to be fixed up.Poor lighting everything in room was way past its sell by date.At the price, it was nothing less than a ripoff.
The main office smelt of curry.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Edward B
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The service was ok, except the office smells like a smoking area. The room was smells like a smoking area too. Towels were old and torn. The bed skirt and comporters are ripped and was filled with old and yucky smells. My Family and I didn't sleep that good. The shower cutain had meldow on the bottom area and the shower is very loud.The carpet looked little filthy to us!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family