“Nice People, Poor Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Accista Spa
CA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice People, Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

First you need to be aware that this spa is under renovation and is changing to a Marilyn Monroe spa. Hopefully the changes will be for the better! The people were all wonderful, very friendly. I had a pedicure that had just a large copper "bowl" to soak your feet in, while the manicurist, My, had to sit on an upside down plastic bucket! My chair was a wicker seat with pads, nothing special. The massage was almost non-existent and the toenail painting was really sloppy. It looked like a child had done it! There were stains on the carpet in the hallway upstairs. Hoping that it will be replaced when they finish the remodel. As I said, the people were great, and they did give me a discount when I mentioned that I had not been satisfied, but I'm not sure I would return....definitely not for a pedicure!!!

Visited December 2013

Monterey, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent, consistent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

As a Monterey Peninsula resident, I love the Accista Spa. They provide consistent, excellent service in a beautiful, modern and clean environment. The spa menu is top notch. The spa staff is courteous, friendly and warm.

Visited June 2013
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Just left Accista spa, my wife and I just got a massage and facial then spent time in the couples retreat. I get a massage once every two to three weeks. We both had Susan, she is the best massage therapist I have had. Karla gave us the facial, my wife has more experience there. She says its one of the best she's had. It's is our first time here, it's a 4 hour drive for us but we will be back.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad Spa Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Spa Experience was a mess. Don't be fooled. They quote you a price on a massage and then charge you a mandatory gratuity on it even if it wasn't any good. I did have a good one but my husband decided not to have one at the last minute and they have a 24 hour cancellation policy, which I understand, but he had to pay the mandatory gratuity also, even though he had nothing done.