“Best sandwiches in town”
Review of Mundos Cafe

Mundos Cafe
Ranked #65 of 311 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This is definitely one of our favorite lunch spots. Large sandwiches bursting with flavor. Our favorites are the mozzarella sandwich with chimichurri sauce and the matador.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were staying at the Red Roof Inn and walked over to eat at the cafe. The food was fabulous. The cafe is small and it was crowded so we ate outside in the rain, but didn't mind at all because the food was so good. The prices are VERY reasonable and the portions are large.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Got to try the tritip sandwich. Very good with amazing sauce. I would recommend as the staff does a great job. Enjoy....they also have outdoor seating which is nice too.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

When you have been traveling since 2:30 am you are ready to eat at 10:00 am. I seldom eat sandwiches, and never before at that time, but I am very glad that I did. The curry chicken on the homemade ciabatta was yummy. My husband's Malibu chicken on rye was gone before I had eaten half of mine. It would be a great place to get sandwiches for the road. Enjoy!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

When we first saw the tiny building in the middle of the parking lot, it didn't exactly fit our vacation mindset. Figuring we would have to take the food to go we figured we could find a place on the coast to stop. We ordered the Argentinian tri tip and the falafel sandwich to share for two. A table opened up so we are there. My falafel sandwich was so good that I stopped part way through thinking I would eat the 1/2 tri tip then finished with the best (the falafel). The Argentinean tri tip was equally incredible. The sandwiches burst with flavor. I'm coming back to Monterey just to eat here again!