“Lacked attention to the details”

Lallapalooza Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We came in town after spending the day in San Francisco. We liked the menu selections. When we ordered I asked for no cheese and balsamic dressing. The hostess delivered our food. My husbands dinner wasn't the right dish and I had cheese on my salad and the wrong dressing. Our hostess corrected my husbands dinner and offered him a beer in the house. The waitress apologized. The dishes made up for their errors. I wad surprised by the problems because the waitress seemed very in tune with our needs. We would visit again despite the mixups.

2  Thank Betty Lou A

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent value and good size portions and very friendly service from our server Sam went with his recommendations and they where spot on thanks for a great time

1  Thank Happy__bunnny
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and our waitress was efficient and pleasant. Downside: we went for a drink at the bar after and Sean was the bartender. He was incredibly rude and condescending, even after he admitted it was his first shift alone, as he was new. After it took me 5 minutes to get his attention for a drink, he proceeded to treat us and I as if we were children. Terrible vibes. It's unfortunate that we left with such a bad taste in our mouths; the food was wonderful, but because of the disrespect we recieved from the bartender, we will not be coming back. He needs a serious attitude check.

1  Thank Megan C
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in town for the weekend and walked downtown from the Portola Hotel to stay away from the wharf scene.

This place has a great atmosphere and we ended up having dinner at the bar. We split the coconut prawns appetizer that just might be the best I have had! The bartender (and waiter for dinner) was Ryan. We had lots of detailed questions since we had not been there before and he was great with us. Great attitude and great service - not just for us but for all the other customers at the bar too. For dinner we split the Lalla Fredo (chicken fettuccini) and it was also the best we have had in quite some time.

Loved the staff, the food and the atmosphere. See you next time we are in town.

1  Thank Travelin M
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The happy hour martinis were great and so was the brick chicken. The waitstaff was helpful and pleasant. Will try the chocolate banana cream pie next time I visit.