“Great whiskey selection”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Take a flight of four, a double, or a single shot of any of a wide variety of special whiskeys. This is a pub for the connoisseur. The fire pit on the back patio is comforting on a cool night. The dart boards inside are fun. The modern dance music was unfortunately loud.

There are newer reviews for The Mucky Duck British Pub

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I do not stay out past 8, and as a senior, enjoy happy hour prices, friendly patrons and bartender Jean. I have been out of Monterey for a couple of years and return this winter. Tues is farmer's market. Alverado Street is more local than Canery Row. Full Moon asian restaurant, if I have the name right, is the best in the Monterey Bay. Fancy places in Carmel cannot match this area. Bands play once in awhile in the back . I hope that Jean is still there. Mike

Reviewed 5 October 2013

During a recent visit to Monterey I ended up eating here 3 times. I enjoyed everything I had to eat. The first time it was for an evening meal. I had the pulled pork sandwich. This was great, the pork was juicy with a nice kick to it. On subsequent visits I had the turkey club sandwich the grilled cheese with pulled short rib. Again both were great. It might just be a California thing but the addition of avocado was a nice twist on a classic sandwich.
There was a good selection of beers. I did notice a good range of scotch whisky.
During all my visits, over a weekend stay in Monterey, the service was great. The staff were friendly and attentive, with the food brought out speedily. All in all a great place to pop in for a bite and a beer.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We dropped down for beer and a bourbon. Everyone there was great to talk to. Picked up quickly we were from NZ and had a good old chin wag with some of the locals. Even a great old bugger called Ted. A full of life local who is in a retirement home nearby and is at the pub twice a week. Make sure you have a chat to him if you see him. He even drew us a picture of my girlfriend and I sitting at the bar. Won't forget that.

Cheers everyone.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is place slowly became my favourite drinking place in Monterey. There is a good selection of bar food that compliment the beer rather than take over from the drinking experience. Plus there was often a live rock band outside around the fire pit.