The hotel is in a great location if you want to be near the Fisherman's Wharf area. Not close to the more happening Cannery Area. There is a free shuttle bus, which appears to run frequently. The hotel itself is warn out. If you are in the second building you are a strong walk from the front desk and since there is no air conditioning.....the noise of the street is loud and close. The pool is very small with a small number of seats. Parking is difficult as the hotels valet is on the street and seem fearful of local traffic police. Not a terrible hotel, but certainly not 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay