We stayed at the Portola only 1 night but wished we had more time. The hotel is in a gorgeous location, next to Fisherman's Wharf and about a 15 minute walk along the bike path to Cannery Row and the aquarium. We had adjoining rooms which we got for 50% off due to a summer special they had for Sunday nights. So we basically got a huge suite for about $200 which was a steal. They both opened up to a courtyard with tables where we were able to eat our breakfast. There is a nice pool and hot tub, and some nice looking restaurants (we ate at Fisherman's Wharf so didn't eat there). We LOVED the cookies that you get a check-in so much that we even bought more when we left. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the rooms were extremely clean and nicely updated. The staff was very nice and helpful, and we were able to get our aquarium tickets there which was very convenient. People have mentioned the lack of A/C in the rooms, but we were there during a heat wave and even still it was cool in Monterey. There are ceiling fans in the rooms, and they brought us additional floor fans for both rooms. Plus - just simply opening the sliders cooled off the rooms immediately. There is no free WiFi in the rooms (they do have it in the lounge though), and you do have to pay for parking but those were the only drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay