The first thing you notice is the friendly greetings by staff-very helpful and solicitious. The hotel is well located, with full services, concierge, restaurants & bar/pub, spa, and fitness center. We stayed in a garden view room that was very nice and quiet. You can walk in old Monterey nearby, or over to Fisherman's Wharf that is also close. A little further walk is Cannery Row. Definitely recommend this hotel if you can swing it. Parking fees for self park or valet are charged to guests each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay