I LOVE the way the staff at this hotel is so accommodating, polite, helpful, all smiles and pleasant. It makes the stay worthy. My last check-in experience was nothing less than stellar customer service. I checked in a day later than what their records showed as my arrival date and no word as to who was to blame was uttered! I was taken care of in a cordial, professional and unfaltering manner by Chris (whom I incidentally gave a TA pin). His behavior was nothing but professional - as is everyone else who works there. I just had the pleasure of his service. Okay, okay - I know "over the top, right?" Nuff said.
Our room was comfortable, clean and the daily housekeeping service was efficient and appreciated. Always smiles - wherever you look.
I too was there for a conference - several days, the same smiling, helpful folks. What a great experience.
If you've never been to the Portola - try it, you'd like it. The cookie you get every evening (you need to ask for at the front desk) are warm and delicious. The hotel is centrally located - it should be it's part of the conference center. But it is within walking distance of so many places of interest.
The hotel's restaurant is non to shabby either. Quiet music (ala Frank Sinatra, et.al. era), dim lighting, friendly and efficient staff plus the food is pretty good too.
Been there, done that, will do it again - even if I'm not attending a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay