After paying over $270 for one mid week night I was surprised to be asked to pay $9.95 for 24 hours of internet. Also surprised to asked to pay $2.00 per bottle for WATER in the room. We have been traveling the last month and this is the first time we had to pay for internet! If the Portola was Motel 6 I would understand....but it is a 3 star hotel and in today's world Internet should be included...just odd thinking on the part of the hotel management. Staff was good with quick check in good info on places to eat. Hotel is laid out with gym and pool across walkway/Fisherman's wharf access. Odd to see guests walking across this high traffic walkway in their swimming gear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay