Location is great, Walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Bed was quite comfortable.. The breakfast buffet was excellent and much better when items were ordered from the kitchen, the french toast was so good we had it on consecutive days.
The best activity around the hotel is to rent a bicycle and take the trail to Pacific Grove. This is the Mecca of bicycle rides. Tripadvisor has it right about the the best activities, Point Lobos,,17 Mile Drive, and the Carmel scenic walkway should not be missed..
The pool area is quite small and quite noisy, not a place to relax. I found the Wi-fi in the rooms quite spotty but much better in the lobby.. I would most certainly come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay