rabid seagulls, perched outside of your room 24 hours a day...they start screaming at 330 am and do not stop. the service is mediocre, had to switch rooms due the birds which the staf said wasn't their problem. the bathrooms look like my grandmothers house in 1972...the wireless internet: $450 FOR 10 HOURS...NO KIDDING. you can plug into the landline for a reasonable price, but hope you want to sit at a desk to do so. i will say that the spa was nice, but sadly you have to go back to your room after...which has no a/c. sorry guys (portola), you go it way wrong.
don't do it, there are much better options for you money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay