Nice looking hotel within a five minute walk of Fisherman's Wharf. Close enough that with the windows closed, you can hear the seals barking. Also within walking distance of Cannery Row and the aquarium. The path to get to those is well paved, scenic, and safe. The best part of the walk is to see the seals basking on the rocks and the otters playing in the water. Doesn't have a free Continental Breakfast unfortunately. It's a bit expensive, but it's Monterey and that's just how it goes there. Lastly, do yourself a favor and also check out nearby Pacific Grove. It's gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay