My husband and I booked two nights at this hotel due to a wedding we were going to in Carmel. I was able to get this hotel for only $90 a night through priceline, and thought it was well worth what we paid for it. The hotel is extremely large, so if you are more of a boutique hotel type of person, this may not be for you.
The location was perfect, as you were right in the center of town, with many restaurants and activities to choose from. The aquarium was only a short walk along the coast, and what a walk it was! The hotel is situated along the bay, however, there are lovely walking paths going either direction in front of the hotel that offer amazing views, and the chance to see seals playing in the water below.
The rooms were clean, however, the bathroom was a bit out-dated. As mentioned in several earlier reviews, there was no airconditioning which made for a stuffy room. We were slightly above the street, so if we opened our window to cool the room off, we would hear street traffic.
The beds were comfortable, even though they gave my husband and I two doubles instead of a queen or king. All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking to be close to town, and the water, and you do not mind the big hotel feel.
*By the way, there is a great massage place next to Trader Joe's where you can get an hour massage for only $49. I highly recommend Cedric Johnson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay