We stayed Christmas weekend at the Portola and paid the off-season rate. We loved the location and the hotel was excellent. Entering the open atrium lobby we received warm oatmeal chocolate cookies at check-in. Our 6th floor room was quiet, overlooking a japan-esque courtyard and was warmly decorated in spa fashion. Next morning, we left our car and walked along the coastal trail to the aquarium. We stopped to take pics of the seals along the way. The hotel is perfectly situated next to Fisherman's Wharf. Some drawbacks: parking fee, no a/c, and you must walk outside to access the pool/gym. We rented bikes next door and rode along the ocean trail to Pebble Beach. All-in-all a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay