My husband and I stayed here one night, June 27th 2007, on a quick overnight trip to Monterey. We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel, and would return. We booked a Deluxe King room, on very short notice, at a significant discount (a summer special advertised on the hotel's website). The two best things about this hotel are its location (adjacent to marina, Fisherman's Wharf, and the beach walk, and also right on a nice plaza with shops), and its beautiful lobby and grounds. Mature trees grow right in the lobby, their tops covered by a greenhouse/skylight. Our room was clean, attractive, comfortable and very quiet. We were on the third floor and had a nice sunny walled-in patio with wrought-iron table and chairs where we had coffee in the morning. We weren't high enough for an ocean view, but close enough to hear the sea sounds and the seagulls. We didn't get a chance to dine in the hotel but they have a restaurant and a brew pub that both looked inviting. We had absolutely no complaints here. This hotel is not a high rise, it's very spread out into many separate wings. The pool, fitness room, and some of the hotel rooms are actually across the little plaza adjacent to the parking garage. If I had been interested in using the pool, it would have been quite a long trek from my room across the plaza in my bathing suit... I wouldn't pick this place if pool use was a major planned activity. I think the room orientations and desirability vary significantly depending on which wing you are placed in; I certainly wouldn't have wanted a room adjacent to the parking garage. So may be best to clarify your placement here...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay