We only stayed one night, but the room was very nice - beds were very comfortable especially after a long day of driving and sight seeing. The staff was helpful in telling us where to go to enjoy food and drinks at a local pub. The location is within walking distance to everything. All that and some warm cookies at check in and a rubber seal on the bathtub :o). The soap and creams were Bath and Body Works- nice touch. There were some beautiful hotels by Cannery Row but obviously more than what we paid for at Portola Plaza Hotel. FYI - Parking is $18 per night extra for valet. Overall, great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay