“Left Early”
Review of Blue Lagoon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterey
Blue Lagoon Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2014

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Julie O

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Decent place. No frills. I woke the Innkeeper up when I arrived late at night. I woke him up with an early departure as well.
Bathroom has recently been remodeled. Fireplace worked. Heat worked. No A/C. Carpets relatively clean. I could see where the vacuum cleaner didn't go. Curtains discolored. Not a bad place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013

First of all, I stay at dozens of hotels in different states every year and the majority are budget conscious. The little things don't bother me unless there are a ton of bad little things in one place. I Booked 3 nights here thru Expedia based on price, decent reviews and location. There are several restaurants, a bowling alley, convenient stores and a CVS within minutes to walk too. Upon arrival, noticed that there were a small amount of units with tight parking and shady characters cursing and hanging out in front of their rooms. The front desk was neither friendly nor rude. When I entered the room, I was taken aback at the claustrophobic size. Upon closer inspection, I began to discover cracks, stains, a missing showerhead, bad tv reception and the worst of all...NO A/C! The website says "climate control" which I now know does NOT mean air conditioning. It was so hot, even with the windows open (which you could hear all of the foul language from other people as well as the traffic). I was going to buy a fan and try to make the best of it, but I just couldn't. For the very first time, I called and cancelled my stay. Fortunately, I was only charged one night and quickly found a wonderful replacement (which I also reviewed here on Tripadvisor). My trip was nearly ruined, but, thanks to Expedia, the crisis was averted. Do NOT stay here unless you like filth and heat!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank djz032070
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Very nice hotel for the price! It's an old building, but very clean with redone bathrooms. The guests staying there were very quiet (which was good, because the walls were thin). TV stations were spotty, and you have to pull out the handle on the shower to get it to work (I couldn't figure it out, had to ask the front desk). Owner was very nice and woke up after hours to let me in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We had no issue with our reservations made on Hotel.Com. After checking the motels web site Hotel.Com was 40.00 and their web site was 80.00. It is on par with a motel 6, easier to park and quieter. The floors in bathroom our nice granite tiles. However I have a major pet peeve of mildew. I know it is moist here but use bleach please. The tub stopper in deep need of bleach.

We would stay again, no it is not right next to the beach, but at 40 a night it beat the hell out of the more expensive ones.

It is time to replace the carpets,no kleenix, or any type of paper or pens on desk.

However we were having so much fun and wanted to stay another night, we paid 55 for a Friday night, excellent so we stayed. The wireless internet is included and the signal strenght is excellent. We slept here, it has a fridge and microwave, very handy. No coffee pot but we brought are own, also no blow dryer.

So your choice, comfy beds, in need of new carpeting but clean and in a good neighborhood. The safeway down the street has excellent take out deli's for picnic on the beach. It is close to the main entertainments, but not too close, we were there in 7 minutes. So your choice again. We would rather go out and eat and have not spend a 100 on a room for sleeping. So yes, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: They all seemed to be about the same, we had a double room so no fireplace. Good cable at night with...