“Friendly staff & good amenities”

Knights Inn Carmel Hill
Ranked #50 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was a really great experience for my move down to LA. We drove all day and had a reservation here, booked on Travelocity. Check-in was really smooth and the room was really nice. It was a great bed, the sheets had some weird stains that we worked around, but we slept well. The TV had cable (which was nice after 10 hours of driving) we used the mini fridge for everything in our cooler and the bathroom was clean.

Overall, they use a lot of decor to kind of spice it up and make it look fancy, but it's basic amenities, which was all we were really looking for.

The breakfast options were very minimal but, personally, I love Costco muffins so I was not complaining.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlen S

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This place didn't have a coffee maker and a decent breakfast. All they had was half a Costco almond poppyseed muffin or a chocolate chip muffin, milk that's been sitting out all morning for 2 lousy cereals, liquid coffee from a box (not fresh ground), and a juice machine that consist of ok and apple. That's not even breakfast. They need to improve it or don't even bother.

The location is right across the street from the del monte shopping center but if you wanted to take your car there, you can't make a u turn for two stop lights (by then you're on your way onto the freeway).

When I asked if they had a microwave to heat my food up (by the way when you rent a king room they don't even have a microwave and a small fridge) the lady at the front desk says that she has a microwave only for herself because she is vegetarian so no hot food for me. Too bad

There was hair in the tub from previous people and they don't take the bedspread off to clean because on the house keeping cart all the had was towels, and sheets.

I'm not very happy to have checked out without a receipt. The front desk person told me to put my room keys in a pamphlet slot.

The dish network remote was very frustrating. The channel changer was not cooperative and it kept asking me if I wanted to pay for a movie and it wasn't hd tv. There was maybe only 4 local channels and I know monterey has San Francisco channels too that come in.

I'm not happy with this place and don't plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank tripng0
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a pretty good experience at the Knights Inn. When we checked in, our room was on the 2nd floor. My mom requested a room on the bottom floor, but we also wanted to keep our room price. We were upgraded at no charge to a better room. It was spacious and clean, and I slept really well that night. Good location, with a quick drive to the wharf and aquarium. Breakfast is served in a teeny, tiny room. In fact, they want you to take your food back to your hotel room. It left a lot to be desired. Overall, we were pleased with this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This property is conveniently located near downtown and Fisherman's Wharf, however the hotel is showing it's age. Our room(with a king size bed) was plenty big enough, but all the furniture was old. Drawers were missing drawer pulls, the TV, microwave and refrigerator were small. There was no closet, although a small clothes rack was in the bathroom. the bathroom walls had missing plaster and showed rust. The was room was clean. The office staff person was very nice and helpful and allowed us to check in 2 hours early. We've been in worse and have been in better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed for 2 nights, when I got home and checked my bank account there was an extra charge that was not mine. Gigi made an error an our friends room and she applied the charges TO ME. I did not receive any notice telling me that I was paying for HER MISTAKE!! I called and she was not helpful AT ALL. Pretty much she told me I had to go to my friend and ask him for the money I was short. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!! It was her responsibility to notify me of the additional charges and was never notified.

Room Tip: Pay CASH! They will withdraw money with out notice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana Y
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I believe the hotel was ok for the price however, they do not offer breakfast because it is more like snacks. You are just going to find Costco muffins cut in half, one fruit, two choices of cereal, milk and coffee and there is no place to sit so you need to take your "breakfast" to your room. The rooms smell a lot like bug spray and the office where you check in smell like incense that I cannot handle. The location is ok if you rent or have a car. If you do not have a car, this hotel is far from everything. Well, there is mall just across the street but everything else is kind of far.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Booked at last minute, over Internet.

Easy to find, check in prompt and efficient.

Excellent free wifi.

Room very clean.

Breakfast basic but you get what you pay for. The wee room was a mess but this was down to inconsiderated guests spilling stuff about and not clearing up.

Very pleased overall. The price was good and the bed was huge!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple