“Very nice and Beautiful Hotel between”

Knights Inn Carmel Hill
Ranked #50 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very Nice Hotel with big rooms and near a big shopping . Small and very confortable with flowers around the rooms, pool and parking. Excellent hotel with cheap rates. Located between Carmel town and Monterrey is a excellent option for to stay with the family.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the rooms with two beds are more confortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I booked online day-of for a whopping $54 a night for a non-smoking king bed room. No fridge, microwave, or coffee maker in room; but bed was comfy, room was clean, & free breakfast was as you'd expect. Super convenient location. I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very good inn, basic but good room, bathroom, good price and located between Monterey and Carmel, about 10 min to each place.
good choice to pay less and be very well located.
there is a small pool for kids. Breakfast is the unique complain, very poor, no much options, better to have breakfast outside.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during our family road trip to California excellent location to visit Carmel, Monterey and Big Sur, friendly helpful staff especially the general manager she was very helpful, clean large room, nice pool. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Carmel river beach has dog pool all along lagoon such a shame as spoiling beautiful beach, each at t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was a really great experience for my move down to LA. We drove all day and had a reservation here, booked on Travelocity. Check-in was really smooth and the room was really nice. It was a great bed, the sheets had some weird stains that we worked around, but we slept well. The TV had cable (which was nice after 10 hours of driving) we used the mini fridge for everything in our cooler and the bathroom was clean.

Overall, they use a lot of decor to kind of spice it up and make it look fancy, but it's basic amenities, which was all we were really looking for.

The breakfast options were very minimal but, personally, I love Costco muffins so I was not complaining.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlen S
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This place didn't have a coffee maker and a decent breakfast. All they had was half a Costco almond poppyseed muffin or a chocolate chip muffin, milk that's been sitting out all morning for 2 lousy cereals, liquid coffee from a box (not fresh ground), and a juice machine that consist of ok and apple. That's not even breakfast. They need to improve it or don't even bother.

The location is right across the street from the del monte shopping center but if you wanted to take your car there, you can't make a u turn for two stop lights (by then you're on your way onto the freeway).

When I asked if they had a microwave to heat my food up (by the way when you rent a king room they don't even have a microwave and a small fridge) the lady at the front desk says that she has a microwave only for herself because she is vegetarian so no hot food for me. Too bad

There was hair in the tub from previous people and they don't take the bedspread off to clean because on the house keeping cart all the had was towels, and sheets.

I'm not very happy to have checked out without a receipt. The front desk person told me to put my room keys in a pamphlet slot.

The dish network remote was very frustrating. The channel changer was not cooperative and it kept asking me if I wanted to pay for a movie and it wasn't hd tv. There was maybe only 4 local channels and I know monterey has San Francisco channels too that come in.

I'm not happy with this place and don't plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank tripng0
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a pretty good experience at the Knights Inn. When we checked in, our room was on the 2nd floor. My mom requested a room on the bottom floor, but we also wanted to keep our room price. We were upgraded at no charge to a better room. It was spacious and clean, and I slept really well that night. Good location, with a quick drive to the wharf and aquarium. Breakfast is served in a teeny, tiny room. In fact, they want you to take your food back to your hotel room. It left a lot to be desired. Overall, we were pleased with this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family