“Family Stay in March 2014”

Knights Inn Carmel Hill
Ranked #49 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rolled into town late afternoon was able to get a room here. First impressions - very clean, spacious, had microwave, mini fridge and stated that it included breakfast. Is a great location across from the mall and was well cared for. Beds were hard and the breakfast (if you can call it that) was lame. A tiny hallway with cereal and a muffin with no space to eat. Okay in a pinch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigha H

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped by here for one night during our road trip up the California coast. We checked in and were impressed at the size of the room. We had a microwave and a fridge (although the fridge wasn't that cold). The shower also didn't get very hot. The bath wasn't working so we asked the front desk to come help. He didn't speak much English and didn't know what to do about the bath so he just left after looking at it. Then the power went out sometime while we were sleeping so we couldn't charge our phones, use the air conditioner/heater, use Wi-fi, or shower because I couldn't blow dry my hair after. It was also obviously dark in the room. We called the front desk, and they said no problem, but the power never came back. The people were very nice, but not very helpful. I'm so glad that I only stayed for one evening.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was under the mistaken impression that my room would have a microwave and a refrigerator since I did request it. When I asked I was told there was going to have a fee. didn't like that at all!! . So my review is ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa R
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We took a trip on Valentine's Day weekend 2014 and the price per night was higher accordingly. This was better than the usual Knights Inn. We rented a room for two nights on the second floor and we could hear the footsteps in the morning as they traveled down the stairs. The bathroom was decent with their bar soaps and in-vinyl packets conditioning shampoo. For the price we paid I expected a little more but since we booked so close the holiday weekend, our selection was limited. Overall, I would rate this motel as just...ok.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the bottom floor. This is a motel where the door to the rooms face the p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at this Knight's Inn for a few nights after Christmas 2013, and both the office and the room smelled terrible. The office smelled like urine, and the room smelled strongly of powerful chemicals that made me sneeze. The breakfast consisted of prepackaged chocolate chip muffins and a couple of other prepackaged items that were of low quality, along with bad coffee in small styrofoam cups. In the AM the office was surrounded by sleepy patrons in pajamas waiting for it to open up late to get some coffee. My brother who stayed here also stayed in a Holiday Inn motel in Sausalito which was the same price and of much higher quality. I would add that the only redeeming quality of this hotel was the nice flowers on the balconies. But there are numerous similar motels along the row where this is located and I would pick one of them.

Room Tip: There are other motels located right next door that people said were better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pittsbird
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed at this motel for a few days as part of our long road trip.
We wanted to stay in Monterey for golf, but we didn't really care much about other things.

I can't say I enjoyed staying there, but it's definitely a great value for being located right next to the mall and close to the golf course.

I don't have much to say about the room or amenities.

Room Tip: You'd definitely want to get a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Try book ahead to get a good price. Can get a price around US$35 per nite.

Nice clean hotel located right across the street of shopping centre. Got breakfast included, free parking and wifi, and coffee machine. Micro wave, and fridge in room.

As the hotel is on main street, its got noisy at time when a sports car or trucks pass by. Other than that its a well run hotel.

Room Tip: Try get a room on ground floor if you are driving.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends