“Great food at a reasonable price”

Rosine's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 298 Restaurants in Monterey
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Soups, Italian, American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh homemade food and award winning restaurant. Chosen 'Best Family Restaurant and 'Best Desserts' since 1992! We're featured on The Food Networks 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' with Guy Fieri and '100 Mile Meals'.
San Jose
“Great food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Conveniently located in downtown Monterey, close to Fisherman's Wharf, this Italian restaurant offers very large portioned meals at reasonable prices. The food quality is excellent, and the prices very reasonable. The staff is competent and efficient.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hotnwell

• Finnish first
Provo, Utah
“Seventies dinner stuck in the seventies.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We went to this dinner that was recommended to us. It was terrible in every way. We called ahead to find out if I could eat anything with my special diet they said I could eat every it everything after arriving I found out I could not eat almost anything. The service was out of the seventies. There was no smiling no thankyou. She didn't seem to care if we were there until it came time get the tip.e The food was terrible at best nothing fresh all frozen. The style of food was undecided they had food from every where on there menu but none local. The decorations were from every where and had no style at all. I cannot speak less highly of this place. Don't go you will regret it and you will pay a lot of money poor service and poor food.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jamclem
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We found Rosine’s for breakfast and can’t say enough about how good it is! The portions are enormous and the quality first rate. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. I ordered the French toast and it was the best I have ever had! That’s saying a lot for French toast. We went back three times in the week we were in Monterey. Another surprise is the desserts. Amazing! They are so large. We ordered a piece of carrot cake to take to our room. It took us three days to eat it! I wish we could have tried the lunch or dinner menu. On our next trip we will.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Had a nice burger here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I went to Rosine's on my first day in Monterey. I was definitely running low on batteries at that point so I was looking for a quick but substantial meal to get back exploring straight after. I had a quite good burger with french fries and a lemonade. While eating I noticed that there were quite a few local guests eating here, that is usually a good sign. The service was quick and friendly, and not at all intrusive. I would definitely go again if I am back in town!

• Visited May 2014
Monterey, California
“Extraordinary consistency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rosine's IS downtown Monterey for a lot of locals....30+ years ago there was 'Alice's Restaurant' and Rosine's was in a shopping center not far away...From the day they opened on Alvarado they have been packed---with LOCALS and with tourists who are invariably sent there when they ask a local where to go.
Is this haute cuisine? NO! It is terrific salads and great specials and huge and perfectly made American specials---ranging from local fish to prime rib, depending on day and season--- and a few Mexican influenced entrees to go along with the Italian influenced ones----fair but decent wine list.... Massive desserts greet when you walk in (but I've personally never been a fan of them) ...however, IF you are a sweet-tooth person and love huge servings over great dessert then you will enjoy. It's a VERY very good value...opens early...stays open fairly late....friendly and attentive service and it's been given thumbs up from Rachel Ray and Guy Fieri.
I and my family and friends go here pretty regularly and the worst meal I've had has been fine and the best ones have been very, very good...

• Visited May 2014